AIWB Holsters - So Many to Choose From!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the past couple of years, it appears that AIWB has become more popular. I know it sure works for me! I now carry that way the vast majority of the time. And so, my questions are:
1. Which holster(s) do you like for AIWB?
2. Do you think that wedge thingee or some kinda dingus really helps “push the butt of the gun in” or is it an unnecessary add-on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
In the past couple of years, it appears that AIWB has become more popular. I know it sure works for me! I now carry that way the vast majority of the time. And so, my questions are:
1. Which holster(s) do you like for AIWB?
2. Do you think that wedge thingee or some kinda dingus really helps “push the butt of the gun in” or is it an unnecessary add-on?

I carry a Glock 43 in a Keepers Concealment Errand. Disclaimer, I made this one when I worked with Spencer and Stacy for a while. I’m tall and skinny and never had been able to carry AIWB comfortably until using this holster. For me, the small wedge pushes the butt of the gun in enough for easy concealment. It’s easy to carry, comfortable, and fast to get a firing grip on the pistol.

For anyone carrying or considering carrying using this method I’d recommend Spencer’s AIWB class. We tend to spend a lot of money on guns and holsters but very little on training. I’ve taken lots of classes from some of the best trainers in the business. He has a passion for it and it’s by far the best training money I’ve ever spent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've thought about AIWB carry but, honestly, I don't believe I would ever try it without taking Spencer's class. I'm kinda' skeptical. It seems like with one little slip-up, I could become 'gender neutral.'

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I've thought about AIWB carry but, honestly, I don't believe I would ever try it without taking Spencer's class. I'm kinda' skeptical. It seems like with one little slip-up, I could become 'gender neutral.'

I thought the same thing. I wouldn’t carry any other way now. The class is worth it and you will have confidence in the method.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought the same thing. I wouldn’t carry any other way now. The class is worth it and you will have confidence in the method.

But ... but ... if I do that, I've gotta' buy a whole 'nother set of holsters! Well, that is, if I owned any handguns.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It'll definitely make your holstering a "conscious" act. But like pstmstr it's about the only way I carry now. It's also why I started down the DA/SA path, but not the only reason either. I have an Errand and two other Keepers.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
If you owned any handguns and if you carried them in a holster, imagine yourself driving and accessing the gun if you had one if needed. Now imagine drawing imaginary handgun from appendix. Spencer needs to give me a commission for all this advertising I’m doing for him.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No doubt that Keepers are great holsters. But are there others out there worth a look?

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently picked up a floodlight by Phlster. I can carry just about any handgun I can get my tlr1 on. So far it’s been.a czp07, glocks 19 17 34, fnp 45 tactical. I think the wedge does help but is not as necessary as the method used to tilt the bottom of the grip into you. Phlster has a thingy on the side that presses against the belt in a way to tilt the gun into you., if you know what I mean. I have a keepers holster that does this as well. It makes a difference, I believe.

0774BBBF-37F0-4739-92EE-62A5DC2EF10D.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom