AK Build Class July

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The class will be July 22, 23, & 24. A Friday evening and two full days in Tulsa area. Class size will be strictly limited to ensure quality completion of builds. This class WILL NOT involve building your own receiver from a flat. That process is a weekend in and of itself. Participants will provide their own completed receiver for this class. Everything else will be provided. The cost will be $950, and I am working on getting that price lower if possible. Depends on cost of kits at the time of purchase, shop costs, and range rental (all subject to change and beyond my control). If those costs go up then so will the class fee. Once participants have paid their cost will NOT go up regardless of what happens.
Included in the class:

Complete parts kit for fixed stock AKM 7.62 or AK74 5.45 with Nitride treated barrel, correct rivets, pin retainer plate, Arsenal trigger group, and U.S. parts necessary to meet 922r compliance.

One magazine (steel for AKM 7.62 and composite for AK74 5.45)

Targets and 100 rounds of ammo for test fire, zero, and proving rifle to 300 meters

NOT INCLUDED but can be available at additional costs based on parts, etc:

Folding or adjustable M4 type stocks

Aftermarket pistol grips or furniture (i.e. Magpul Zhukov)

Ultimak railed gas tube

Optic side rail

Manual on building and caring for AK style rifles

Sling

Sight adjustment tool

ALG trigger group

NOTE: Parkerizing, Cerakote, or Alumahyde II will be an available options. Price to be determined based on color and finish
type desired

If you have a Russian, Polish, Egyptian, German, or Bulgarian AK parts kit you purchased and never got to build PM me about getting in a class.

So there it is...I know this may not be exactly what or how everyone wants it but tough. I am trying to help fellow shooters, not make money. I could easily just up the prices and not worry about covering costs and potentially loosing money. If the demand is there I will do more classes and classes with receivers participants build from flats.

And for anyone who wants to flame on about the costs or terms consider this...

currently quality parts kits are $399
nitride barrels $99
trigger group $40
remaining U.S. parts to be 922r compliant $12-30 depending upon type
100 rounds ammo $27
Magazine AKM $11 AK74 $30

USSA range fee to rent out 300 meter bay $250/day
shop fee ???
wear and tear on my tools, jigs, drill bits, presses, etc ???
Our time away from work and family PRICELESS ha ha

I've NEVER built a rifle that didn't meet 3MOA standard. EVERY rifle I've built or helped someone build has had no problem repeatedly hitting torso size steel target at 300 meters. And no I do not hate M16/M4. I love them too.

Please see the review and pic from those in the first class posted in the other thread.

PM with any questions or to make arrangements to sign up.

General Class Outline
Some topics will only be discussed in this class, others will be demonstrated, and some will be done by the participants. This is due to time constraints. (i.e. process for building receiver from flats will be discussed, drilling out improper rivets or for de-milling kits will be demonstrated, and steps for building correct AK will be done by participants)

History of Kalashnikov rifle
Models, Variations and correct names

Ballistics

Parts nomenclature and function

Rivets and proper riveting

Assembly of the receiver, proper headspace, and populating the barrel, installing trigger and hammer assembly

Magazine fit and types

Correct zeroing technique and use of AK sights (100m zero using standard Russian zero targets)

Proper care & maintenance and proper use of AK cleaning kit tools

Building tools

Various building techniques using alternative methods and tools

After market options: rails, optics, furniture, trigger groups, muzzle devices

Finish options: parkerizing, krylon, alumahyde, cerakote

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PRICE DROP now $850 ONLY while parts kits last. I scored a deal on some parts kits and passing the savings along. This is only for the 4 kits I was able to get at $100 off. After that price goes back to regular price.

Veterans, LEOs, FD, EMS contact me for discount for your service.

Pliskin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm 100% for sure going to this class and I'm super excited to build my Maadi parts kit. Thank you so much for putting this together! My father will likely take the class as well, truly making this a highlight of my life! That's one off the bucket list!

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our first class had two father son pairs building rifles together. It was an awesome thing to be a part of something like that.

We also encourage husband/wife, father/daughter, or mother/daughter pairs. Therefore I'll give a family discount for family members who are building rifles together.

We are trying to keep costs as low as possible. As I find savings on parts, if I can, I will pass them along. This class, based on student suggestions will include a sling and sight adjustment tool.

If you have previously purchased a parts kit and are looking to build it PM to discuss what you have and what possible options are.

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome news...this class will have access to a range that will allow us to shoot to the maximum potential of your rifle!!! Range can accommodate 0-500 meters for irons and 0-1000 meters with optics.

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
13245414_10209632362670172_989170321552808747_n.jpg
Learn to make this
13221687_10209632365030231_7260621764123633926_n.jpg

Into this...

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

From start to finish.

BIG THANKS to Open Range Shooters Retreat!!! Awesome facility, amazing customer service, extremely professional, and safe.

We will use this range from now on for our classes. You can shoot to the max capability of your build. Every student hit 500 yards. Current student record...600 yards using iron sights.

Last photo shows tracer. We sent a few down range to show the drift and deflection of 7.62x39.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom