Ak draco

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieDokie1982

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just came back from the gun show and someone told me that it was illegal to cut off the nut that was spot welded on and add a muzzle break.
this is the first time I have heard of this. Is this true?
I know it would be breaking ATF laws if you go down the SBR route or try to add a forend grip without tax stamp.
please help

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this guy on youtube says that if you want a forend grip on your draco it is still 200.00 as and individual, but if you send it to a class 2 manufacturer and he does the transfer for you it is only 5 bucks. can anyone confirm this???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFgdN7YuyOo

Yes an 07/02 FFL/SOT can take your gun, register it with ATF on a Form 2 as an AOW, engrave his info on it (since he is the manufacturer of the AOW now), install the foregrip and then transfer the gun back to you on a Form 4 with a $5.00 transfer tax. However, he is not going to do all of this for free. Cost may be less than doing it yourself, but far more than just the $5.00 transfer tax.

OkieDokie1982

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes an 07/02 FFL/SOT can take your gun, register it with ATF on a Form 2 as an AOW, engrave his info on it (since he is the manufacturer of the AOW now), install the foregrip and then transfer the gun back to you on a Form 4 with a $5.00 transfer tax. However, he is not going to do all of this for free. Cost may be less than doing it yourself, but far more than just the $5.00 transfer tax.

Hey thanks alot man for the info. Do you know anyone in the tulsa area that would do that for me? (for a fair price, I expect to pay more than 5 bucks)
any info would be great.
thanks again man

mapcon1941

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would also be interested in having a foregrip installed using this route in the Tulsa area. Maybe a group-foregrip-install for any 07/SOT stamp owners that are interested in registering AOWs?

Latest posts

Top Bottom