AK gunsmith kit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the opportunity to purchase an AK armorers kit. Comes with tools and spare parts used to keep an infantry unit fighting ready. Unused, unissued, mint condition. Seems like a really cool collectors item, but also could be useful.

two questions:
One: at $500 is it worth it, whether it be from a practical standpoint, or a collector standpoint? I am tempted to get it just to have it, seems pretty cool.

two: the kit comes standard with a pair of auto Sears and springs, I understand that you need to add a hole to the receiver to install it, but if it does come in the kit, does the ownership of the part itself constitute constructive intent, like having a DIAS for an AR?

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I have the opportunity to purchase an AK armorers kit. Comes with tools and spare parts used to keep an infantry unit fighting ready. Unused, unissued, mint condition. Seems like a really cool collectors item, but also could be useful.

two questions:
One: at $500 is it worth it, whether it be from a practical standpoint, or a collector standpoint? I am tempted to get it just to have it, seems pretty cool.

two: the kit comes standard with a pair of auto Sears and springs, I understand that you need to add a hole to the receiver to install it, but if it does come in the kit, does the ownership of the part itself constitute constructive intent, like having a DIAS for an AR?

those parts are paperweights, my friend…

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

two questions:

I’d say heck no. Not unless you want it just for collecting purposes and had to have it for whatever reason. I use to be heavy into AK everything. Buying or building. Still have a bunch of commie craaap. That there is over priced bits and pieces, odds and ends. Don’t think it was much over a hundred back in the day like 15 years ago and in my opinion still not worth it then. AKs don’t really break all that often. If they do it’s because the were run over by a tank or blown up. The timex of guns. American made are another story. Use that 500 towards the payment of a new AK.

As for the auto sears they are paper weights. Unless you have an ATF class license form making full autos they are useless. You can’t just drop the trip sear in. The other piece with the trigger is just to slow the speed of the hammer and does not make it go full auto. There is a little machine work need to use them. I could be wrong but as far as I remember there shouldn’t be an issue owning them. They use to come in all the parts kits back in the day.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom