Ak pistol grip T-Nut where to find?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Ungh, i forget that ak pistol grips unlike ar's don't come with the t-nut you need. they come with a *screw*, but not with a *nut.*

i've called four guns stores around okc and they've either had zero idea what i was even talking about, or they at least knew they didn't have one. online they are $5, but i'm not paying shipping on a $5 nut and waiting a month for it to get here. i want this done this weekend.

anyone had any idea where to find one in state? hell i'd take a bit of a road trip if i had to.

i know in that past i have used a weld tab like pic related because it works i got tired of waiting. it's not like the square hole is threaded; as long as your screw mates with your nut it's fine. but i thought just this *once* i might use the actual part intended. guess not. i mean it's an ak, right?

1631904114634.png

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Are you wanting "correct"? Lots of hardware stores sell T-nuts...
yeah exactly, i used to work in for a fastener distributor; there are about fifty different fasteners that could accomplish the same thing. yeah this one time i thought i might "do it right" but if no local stores would bother stocking such a part i won't bother. the only slight issue is the underside of the nut is cut on an angle so that the threaded barrel sits at the proper angle for the screw. using things like weld tabs, they just move into the right place as you tighten them down, but some totally flush t nuts with a flat underhead likely might not hold tight.

off to ace.

Latest posts

Top Bottom