AK Pistol Rear Sling Swivel?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it looks great. Sure the welds ain't perfect but ak's aren't meant to be show pieces. How did you distress you metal to look that way? Looks awesome. And is it prone to rust when you do that?

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_0103.jpgDrilled & taped this one 10-32 for sling swivel stud

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
disassemble and scotch brite all the metal with a heavy emphasis on high points and traffic/handling areas, rivets, edges, sight tops, etc...I used a wire wheel on the magazine and the FSB. Some people recommend using steel wool but it takes too long and doest look any better. As far as rusting goes I would assume bare metal would have to be more prone to tarnish and corrosion but I havnt had any issues with this one or the polish AKM I did a year ago.

for the hand guard and gas tube cover I first used a paddle drill bit for the holes in the gas tube cover and carved some designs and what not in the hg with a pocket knife. Then I took a chainsaw chain and marked it up pretty good for random nicks and gouges then took a ball peen hammer to it for the dents. After that I rubbed in a mix of red wood stain and walnut Danish oil with steel wool to give it the color I was after. dry ->assemble->shoot->place in DIY holster-> troll MAXIMALLY

lots of work went into making a new gun look like crap but I love it. Put 4 mags through it the other day and luckily the sights are straight from the factory. and its not that uncomfortable to shoot with the sling adjusted right to rest my cheek on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom