AK series rifles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know many of you are more fans of the AR-15, which to be fair is the most popular semi auto 'assault weapon'-type rifle in the U.S.

However, i'm quite a fan of the AK-series(AK-47, AK-74 and their variants.)

I'm curious how you lot feel about the AK-series, if you own any, what type you own and what your favourite brands are.

I own an interarms AK-47 built with U.S. barrel, tapco trigger and Maadi(egyptian) parts from Atlantic Firearms(great website, good customer service reputation).

I heard DDS had very bad quality, but that WASRs are the best for the money. N-PAP AK's from Romania have a decent reputation. Arsenal is the most respected in the reasonable range(~1000-1,400 range) as far as i know. I got mine for ~500 back when they were still cheap a few years ago.

www.atlanticfirearms.com_images_stories_virtuemart_product_romybake_20_4_20of_2014_.jpg

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The "PAP" rifles aren't Romanian, but Yugoslav; the WASRs are Romanian. I prefer the AK to the AR for whatever reason, I just like them. I have a soft spot for the Chinese imports, but like most variants from all of the foreign countries. I avoid the U.S.-made rifles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom