AK series rifles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not really a fan of AK rifles. The sights suck, getting a decent mount for optics sucks, trigger slap sucks, short handguard sucks, hitting at distance sucks

yea...this is pretty much exactly why ive drifted away from AKs in favor of the AR. also to add to that list: Rock n lock mag sucks, no last round BHO sucks.

I will say though, attero arms has really made it easy to mount a small red dot on an AK, I put one on my AKS-74 and its the jam. They are dang sure formidable weapons in the right hands and I really enjoy working with the platform.

oi61.tinypic.com_1z5mf12.jpg

I love this video also

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the WASR 10 Romanian from Century Arms. The one I got was after they got their stuff together and it was milled perfectly with no canted sites.
Runs good. I painted it using oven enamel and baked twice. Put on ATI furniture.
AK A.jpg

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the platform and have been for many years. Com-block rules! As CJ stated, stay away from anything "U.S. made", at least for the moment. And, I agree with Zack that AK74 >AK47.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought this thing about 3 years ago from the original owner. He was an old guy that said he bought it new in this configuration except for the brake from Outdoor America around 1990 or so. It looks like an AK, but it says it's a MAK90. I thought they all had thumbhole stocks, but I don't know. I've still never fired it. I want a real NFA AK though.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I bought this thing about 3 years ago from the original owner. He was an old guy that said he bought it new in this configuration except for the brake from Outdoor America around 1990 or so. It looks like an AK, but it says it's a MAK90. I thought they all had thumbhole stocks, but I don't know. I've still never fired it. I want a real NFA AK though.

Wait...what?!??!? You've had it 3 years and never fired it??!?!??
Why the F*** did you even buy it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom