AK Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I can tell reviews are pretty good on DDI AKs. Place it right their quality wise between century/IO and arsenal...which is exactly where it is priced. Good looking gun. I think you could find a used arsenal for just a little more money and is probably what I would do.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
From what I can tell reviews are pretty good on DDI AKs. Place it right their quality wise between century/IO and arsenal...which is exactly where it is priced. Good looking gun. I think you could find a used arsenal for just a little more money and is probably what I would do.

The only Arsenal's I've seen are all black stock models with black furniture and I dig the more classic wooden furniture look. But I do know they make great guns simply based off the reviews and comments on other boards.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
buy some cheap surplus furniture. That's what I did for my SAM7r

Kind of a bad pic and I feel like a total d bag now for modifying a rare hand guard meant for stamped receiver underfolders on this milled Bulgarian but it feels too good to replace it.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
buy some cheap surplus furniture. That's what I did for my SAM7r

Kind of a bad pic and I feel like a total d bag now for modifying a rare hand guard meant for stamped receiver underfolders on this milled Bulgarian but it feels too good to replace it.

That's nice! Yeah, I could do that. Also, Boyd's makes some AK furniture. They also make a lot of the furniture for most American built AK's (at least according to Atlantic Firearms and DDI on another forum).

mike sweeney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
www.mouseguns.com_mak90web_ad90s.jpg

aint this a b*tch

I didnt start collecting till about 92 so I missed those days. I do remember when Outdoor America Store in OKC had racks full of imported AK's and other imported military style rifles. My first rifle was a SKS from a crate on the floor. I miss those days but since the AWB expired I own rifles I never thought I could.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beautiful rifle but Im so anal about my rifles I hate buying guns online without actually closely looking at the rifle. Looks nice and it has a rail. I like the laminated furiture! Although for the price you could pick up a pretty nice AK variant locally if you take your time and are patient.

Atlantic is actually pretty good about checking them over if you ask; I've seen lots of posts on the AK Files where people ask for that, and they seem to give them a good going-over. Saves them return hassles from unhappy customers.

I'm kind of different in that many of the AKs I like and am looking for are no longer available new, so much of the time I get to look them over myself. I like face-to-face anyway, especially at shows. No paperwork, and at shows - not even an "NSA trail" of texts, emails, etc. What I own is my business.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone know of an aftermarket magwell system for standard AKMs similar to what the vepr 12 has? I know my saiga 12 rock n lock style mags go straight in and work fine in my vepr12. Why not something like that for standard AK mags?

I have really been digging me some AR here lately (I know...I know) and the more I work with them the more aware I am of the many shortcomings of the AK.

I know some people actually prefer the rock n lock but I do not.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only ones I've seen are for the .223/5.56 rifles; not sure if anyone makes one for 7.62 or 5.45. I like the rock & lock, but the ARs are pretty nice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom