AK Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Id hold off on that right now, There are a few that are having problems with the cast bolts breaking or having excessive wear with little over a 1000 rounds thru them. This on both the C39 and the RAS47

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Id hold off on that right now, There are a few that are having problems with the cast bolts breaking or having excessive wear with little over a 1000 rounds thru them. This on both the C39 and the RAS47

I haven't heard about cast bolts, just bolt carriers maybe or cast trunnions on the RAS. C39/C39V2 is milled, no trunnion.

I kinda got a hankering for one of these:

Last edited by a moderator:

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

LOL!!!!! You know why I'm laughing? I'm on that guy's pre-order list for his next batch for my current AK. LOL I didn't even know this would work on the C39 V2 because I thought those screws were missing from Century's milled receiver. Well, this is great news! hahaha Awesome! Thanks for posting this!

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't heard about cast bolts, just bolt carriers maybe or cast trunnions on the RAS. C39/C39V2 is milled, no trunnion.

I kinda got a hankering for one of these:

Chatter is bout all the cast parts. bolt and carrier on the C39 and all 3 on the RAS47. Hard to tell how much is Century bashing and how much is real. BUT some of it is definitely real. Theres lots of pics of sheared bolt lugs and stuff like that on AKfiles and AK operaters union. I just found out last month myself. I have a RAS47 and worried about that and Century falling back into their old habits

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's why if I do anything Century, it needs to have been imported - not built - by them. I just don't trust them, on top of being a "foreign armory built" snob.

mike sweeney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's why if I do anything Century, it needs to have been imported - not built - by them. I just don't trust them, on top of being a "foreign armory built" snob.

Im the same way. I bought a CAI built so called "Polish" Tantal in 5.45X39 cal and it had the over bored barrel so the round came out of the barrel tumbling. I called Century and the lady said that this was normal that the 545X39 round was supposed to tumble and they emailed me an old Guns and Ammo magazine article about how the round was suppossed too tumble. I guess what the Century Rep didnt understand is the round shouldnt yaw till after it hits an object!!!

She told me there was nothing wrong with the rifle and they wouldnt warranty it. After that Im not purchasing any domestically built AK's. The target pic is from the "Polish" Tantal at 30 yards. The three holes in the bottom left bullseye are from another rifle.

Another thing that I hate is how CAI will take mismatched parts from several parts crates, slap it together and call it a "Polish" or Hungarian" AK!

Latest posts

Top Bottom