AK Training from Sonny Puzikas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes Dave, I'm interested. Is'nt he the guy who was teaching AK fighting techniques with Gabriel Suarez? In Arizona.

Marshall Luton

Defensive Shooting Academy
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is this guy a good AK-47 instructor? I never heard of him. How much are we talking about? How many rounds? Did I miss that when I skimmed over the thread? If so, I'm sorry.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This guy has some interesting techniques. I might be interested depending on dates or if an OKC area training becomes available.

Here's a couple of his vids:

Youtube
Myspace

Both have awful music. Nobody likes slipknot.

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Puzikas is an ex-Spetsnaz soldier who teaches combatives, AK gunfighting, etc., with Russian Combat Academy, other outfits, and until recently [ed: maybe still; see posts below] also with Gabe Suarez's outfit. There's a good deal of creative cross-influence between Gabe and Sonny.

I got a look once at his training DVD "AK- Beyond the Firearm." Not sure whether it's still in print.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTi7FQoDpKg&feature=related

Covers field movement, transitioning to positions, and some impressive melee stuff on how to use the pointy bits of the AK to attack and defend at close quarters.

Informative video, perhaps not to everyone's taste. He's utterly fluid with the AK, speaks good accented English. Has a deadpan/icy calm demeanor edged with humor. At 2:14 of that Youtube clip, there's footage from a part of the video about how the AK's bayonet wire cutter can be used to extract information from a captive, "in politically incorrect situation," as he puts it.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Puzikas is an ex-Spetsnaz soldier who teaches combatives, AK gunfighting, etc., with Russian Combat Academy, other outfits, and until recently also with Gabe Suarez's outfit. There's a good deal of creative cross-influence between Gabe and Sonny.

Last weekend with Gabe Suarez. "Red Storm" event I believe.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sonny is THE MAN when it comes to using the AK in combat.If you're going to take his class,you'd better be in good physical shape.I'd love to take it but I'm afraid it would kill me.LOL Steve

Latest posts

Top Bottom