Album Sleeves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took some stuff by a local dump, and did some mild diving: someone ditched some old album sleeves (and some vinyl). Is there any real value in these? One of the complete copies that I got is Led Zep's "Houses of the Holy", sleeve, vinyl, and all. Several Roy Acuff, a couple of Bob Wills and Gene Autry, and a sleeve from Devo, The James Gang, Neil Young (After the Gold Rush), Journey (Departure), Everly Brothers, Righteous Brothers, B.B. King, and a few more. They aren't in excellent shape, but it seemed a shame to just pitch them in the dumpster. I discovered them when I caught my son getting ready to frisby his 2nd Buddy Holly album. If they pretty much belonged where I found them, I'll likely send them back that way.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Empty covers? Prolly not, unless they're rare/desired.

Complete albums? Yeah, and prices keep going up. I'm trying to get everything I want before the hip kids put prices beyond my reach. Frisbee a Buddy Holly album? Dude, you're killing me.

I play vinyl every day. I'm sick to think of the amount of albums my parent's threw away when they became "obsolete". Obsolete my ass. Not to mention the receivers, tables, and speakers dad had. Fawk.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still trying to get a friend of mine to try and pry my old vinyl out of my ex-wife's clutches (my current won't allow me to contact her). She lives in the Denver area, and my friend still occasionally talks to her. A decent stack of old '80s metal from my misguided youth. Damn I want those back.

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have Led Zepplelin's zoso. I still need a record player though.

AK- don't know if you have a 1/2 price book store up your way, but the 1/2 price book store on I240 in OKC has a turntable that hooks up to PC which will then turn the vinyl to MP3 files for something like $49. I have a boatload of albums that I am thinking of getting one of those things to convert.

Latest posts

Top Bottom