Alcohol cravings and getting it under control.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I'd take a real hard look at how much dependence you have on alcohol. Take an honest assessment (there are some questions to ask, google it) - most of the folks who are addicted to alcohol (like me) - can't drink one or two drinks, ever. What's the point, lol?

Quitting for me was one day at a time, and I can honestly say I wish I never took up drinking. Looking back, it never improved my life one iota.

And that sugar craving? Alcohol converts right into sugar. I used to replace it with ice cream, but I was young and worked it all off.

As for still craving it? Not a bit. I miss some of the old habits I've quit, but after 31 years sober, I can tell you booze is the last thing I'd pick back up.

Chewing tobacco on the other hand......
Copenhagen was my addiction... have not had a dip in 6ish years and still today if someone pops the top and I smell it every nerve in my body lights up !!

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only drugs that work and won’t destroy your life are things that grow straight from the earth. I have little experience but I highly recommend mushrooms. Anything natural. I know people that are both religious and also very against anything natural. They will take any pharmaceutical at the same time. Makes no sense to me.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only drugs that work and won’t destroy your life are things that grow straight from the earth. I have little experience but I highly recommend mushrooms. Anything natural. I know people that are both religious and also very against anything natural. They will take any pharmaceutical at the same time. Makes no sense to me.
Like cocaine, opium… all natural does not mean good.

GIJROB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep it up. I drank a lot in the ARMY and before. Spent 60k the first year back. Best I can tell is keep telling yourself no and try working out. Feel free to reach out anytime you need help I'm here.

birdhunter1980

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m still on the no/little drinking train and going strong. In the past few months since I started this post I’ve had maybe 2 dozen drinks. I feel pretty good. Shortly after I posted this I was told by my doctor that my liver enzyme levels were too high and that I needed to quit for a while to get it under control. I have another doctors appointment next week to review lab results from this week to see how my liver is healing. I’m likely going to stay on this path, I like it.
You got this brother. I've been fighting staying sober for about 4 years now, I had been drinking for 20 years straight. Never missed a day, my body had to have beer to function. But it finally caught up to me and I sought help from multiple treatment centers. I have slipped up many times and when I do I just start over and don't get down on myself. ODAT really is the best advice and is how I make it every day. Holler at me if any of you guys need to talk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom