Alec Baldwin Pushes for Gun Control ‘Now’ as Investigation into ‘Rust’ Shooting Continues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not arresting someone on the spot for an accidental shooting like this isn't unusual. Investigations are usually very thorough and take time. Especially when a high-profile celebrity is involved because it draws national attention (obviously). So, no, I don't think if "any of us did this" we'd be in jail just yet.

Once the investigation is finished it'll be forwarded to the DA for potential charges. I suspect Baldwin will be charged with some type of negligence type charge...but that's just my guess.

I'd rather the local LE take their time and do this right and button up any potential case rather than rush thru it and make mistakes that might cost them at trial.

Yes, I think people like Baldwin will be treated differently during the investigation because of their celebrity status. He has a big mouth and big audience and that can be problematic for LE.

Even if he isn't charged criminally, which is entirely possible, I think he's totally screwed in any civil suit. I hope he's taken to the cleaners by Hutchins' family.

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I figured he’d be leading the whole anti-gun parade to keep from taking any responsibility for shooting and killing that lady. As often as he’s handled prop guns in different movies throughout the years, he should have learned by now how to do a simple press check.

Latest posts

Top Bottom