Alec Baldwin would never point a gun at anyone and then pull the trigger, never.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm trying constantly to put my mind into this deal as an actor and not a gun guy. What I've come up with is that the rules of firearms don't apply to these folks. Explanation. They are not gun people and may or may not know the rules of safety. Even if they have a basic knowledge of guns they may blow off the safety rules because they are supposed to point guns at people they want to pretend to kill. Possibly the overriding safety fact they should be totally confident in is that there is absolutely no reason for live ammo to ever be anywhere near a movie set. Period!

My guess would be that with really strict people in charge of firearms on a set, there would be safety instructions for each and every person that might even have any reason to touch one of the firearms. And, if said training didn't teach every person how to check the firearm, then the armorer would be negligent.

Personally, I imagine that Baldwin has been in more than one movie where he is handling firearms. I know for a fact that he "used" a 1911 in "The Hunt for Red October."

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My guess would be that with really strict people in charge of firearms on a set, there would be safety instructions for each and every person that might even have any reason to touch one of the firearms. And, if said training didn't teach every person how to check the firearm, then the armorer would be negligent.

Personally, I imagine that Baldwin has been in more than one movie where he is handling firearms. I know for a fact that he "used" a 1911 in "The Hunt for Red October."
This is my belief as well, if you bring the guns, you are responsible for making certain everyone understands all of the safety precautions, and follows strict rules. If the employer doesn't support you on that then walk away and make a huge stink about it.

I've taken people out shooting before that I have placed in time out.

I've also stood over the shoulder of new shooters chanting "finger off the trigger".

My guns that others are handling, I'm responsible. I got complacent about this once, fortunately only a couple of windows died from it.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is my belief as well, if you bring the guns, you are responsible for making certain everyone understands all of the safety precautions, and follows strict rules. If the employer doesn't support you on that then walk away and make a huge stink about it.

I've taken people out shooting before that I have placed in time out.

I've also stood over the shoulder of new shooters chanting "finger off the trigger".

My guns that others are handling, I'm responsible. I got complacent about this once, fortunately only a couple of windows died from it.

This ... I haven't attended an organized meeting to shoot with a group of people, friends or not, since a certain member here made it VERY clear the rules of the range didn't apply to them and got SO out of hand Steve threw him off the range and Henry said he was no longer welcome to even come in his store.

Funny thing was me and another member's wife were at a quilting shop when all this went down. Imagine our surprise when we got back and there was this big ruckus going on. 😂

I don't care who you are, or who you think you are, with guns there are no "free" passes. I lost a classmate in 7th grade to a negligent discharge. Apparently, it made an impression on me because I'll lose a "friend" over how to handle a firearm and how to behave at a range. For all my talk about being willing to shoot a fool who is trying to take my cookies from me, I'm not having anybody's death on my soul if I can help it.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even if he had, the hammer would have fallen to the half cock notch or the quarter cock notch and not have discharged as long as the trigger was not pulled at the same time. Also if it hadn't been cocked all the way and if by some failure it did go off two things would be very apparent. 1 the firing pin strike would be way off center on the primer as it wouldn't have indexed the cylinder all the way to lock because it wasn't cocked all the way and 2, the bullet would have shaved a chunk off the side of it because the cylinder wasn't rotated all the way in line with the barrel. I'm not buying it at all and I have been using single actions since the mid 60s. What he is saying is wrong!

Latest posts

Top Bottom