ALG Defense AK Trigger?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got an email from Primary Arms with a sale on this trigger for $39.99. I have an Arsenal SGL 31-68 AK-74 with what I believe is a Tapco G2 trigger; while I find the stock trigger to be satisfactory for range sessions, I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with the ALG trigger? Is it noticeably better than the Arsenal's trigger setup, or am I better off just sticking with what I have?

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are getting good reviews.
I think I heard of 1 hammer breaking.
Relatively new though, hard to imagine being better than the current Tapco,
Heck my Tapco AK trigger are better than most OEM AR triggers.
If anyone can make it better, I'm sure Geisselle can.
Do you have an Arsenal, I really haven't seen many good reviews on them and several that I saw said they preferred Tapco G2.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have an Arsenal, I really haven't seen many good reviews on them and several that I saw said they preferred Tapco G2.

Yes, I do. I like it a lot; I've only handled and fired a few AK's, but this one is easily the best-built one I've seen. Quite accurate too with a RDS mounted on the side rail. It's just the trigger that I found to be "alright" hence my question about the ALG trigger setup. Thanks for the info.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dropped a Tapco G2 in my AK and it was night and day over the stock finger slapper. I did do a little clean and polish on it as well, it's nice and smooth, with no creep. The ALG's now show out of stock at PA...

Last edited:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dropped a Tapco in my AK and it was night and day over the stock finger slapper. I did do a little clean and polish on it as well, it's nice and smooth, with no creep. The ALG's now show out of stock at PA...

Dern it, waited too long. Oh well... I've felt the finger slap on a previous AK, but not with this Arsenal AK, so the stock trigger will do fine until another sale crops up.

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have an Arsenal AK I'd be shocked if it didn't have an Arsenal trigger. There is a special river to stop trigger slap with Arsenal triggers.

I have in the past but now I DO NOT use tapco! And I will not ever use them again. Had triggers that were new double, triple, follow bolt causing failure to fire, and run FA on builds using a variety of receivers. (Nodal, Morrisy, McKay, Childers).

ALG makes a nice trigger. It's a little more finicky on install and you may have issue with rifle being able to fire when semi auto safety is not fully (100%) engaged. It's not a battle rifle trigger. You will be surprised by it if you are used to other AK triggers. It will take some getting use to. I do not put the ALG in build for recreation shooters.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, your Arsenal (as well as my SGL-21) has an Arsenal trigger from the factory. So the only way yours would have a Tapco G-2 trigger was if you or someone else put it into the rifle after it was sold.

The Arsenal guys hate Tapco G-2 triggers. You can watch a Nutnfancy video where he did a tour of the Arsenal business in Las Vegas and the rep went off on Tapco triggers. Nutnfancy seems to think the G-2 is ok FWIW.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My bad - it does have the stock trigger as I'm the original owner; I don't recall what made me think it had a Tapco trigger. Thanks for the comments, folks.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ALG is fine triggers. I just put one in my AR pistol.

Anyone know what the 'g' in ALG stands for?? Because I do and because of that I did not hesitate. There's a famous trigger maker out there that starts with 'G'. His wife may run a side trigger business called ALG Defense. Hmmmmm

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a G2 trigger in my last saiga and I loved it. Very good trigger. I just picked up a wasr and it has century's own trigger setup now. It seems to be around the same as the G2. I will do some polishing and it will be excellent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom