1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Aliengear Holsters

Discussion in 'Gear Talk' started by adamsredlines, Feb 11, 2017.

1. adamsredlines

adamsredlines Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Are these holsters as awesome as they claim?
    Looking for a holster for a pistol and considering giving them a try. The price sure is right, about half what my other Galco holsters have cost...so how good are they?

2. beastep

beastep Sharpshooter

A lot of people love them. I guess Im the only person on the planet that absolutely hates that and the crossbreed style of IWB holster.

3. adamsredlines

Rating
    100%
    I'm kinda the same way but trying to keep an open mind.

And to add insult to injury for ya, this is for the Hi Power :)

4. beastep

beastep Sharpshooter

Are you looking at their IWB or OWB?

5. tomthebaker

tomthebaker Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I'm really happy with Bladetech, see no reason to switch

6. adamsredlines

Rating
    100%
    IWB

7. beastep

beastep Sharpshooter

I wouldnt mind trying their cheaper OWB.

8. TWSS

TWSS Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Iwb is cheap crossbreed knock off. I've owned both and Crossbreed is nicer and thinner and worth the extra money.

9. Hawkman

Hawkman Sharpshooter

I own an Aliengear Cloak Tuck 2.0 for my Glock 26 and have carried in that holster for about two years. The biggest plus for me is that holster is comfy because the base is so flexible and moves with your body. In addition to it being comfy, it also conceals pretty well. The major downside also stems from the base material being flexible--over time the holster loses rigidity and will 'collapse' in toward your body. This is not a big deal if you don't train often or if you don't worry to much about quick holstering (the particular holster I had for my G26 made it awkward to draw the gun--couldn't quite get a solid, consistent grip) or regular-speed reholstering, but it was a showstopper for me after taking a couple Pistol Skills classes at H&H and really having trouble drawing/reholstering.

I have since purchased a Stealth Gear Ventcore IWB holster and the base is much more rigid than the AlienGear Cloak Tuck 2.0, however doesn't conceal *quite* as well. I'll take the additional rigidity however, as I took the SG holster to a class and had no issues drawing/reholstering.

However, if you are looking to get the AG IWB Cloak Tuck, I would probably recommend you spring for the 3.0 (updated) version--it looks like that will be more rigid and will not collapse (at least, not as much) as the 2.0 version.

10. p238shooter

p238shooter Sharpshooter

I have been wearing an Alien Gear 3 IWB for my full size 1911 at three o'clock about a year 16-18 hours a day 7 days a week except when I am out on the lake. Still looks new and is more comfortable for me than the CrossBreed Supertuck I wore before it. Took a few days to get it broke in and used to it, forget I have it on, like now. I did have to put some blue Lock-Tite on the screws that kept working loose. The retention from the shell mold works well for everyday stuff I do. They will trade shells with you, just pay shipping, if you decide to change firearms down the road, what a deal.

The Crossbreed would get damp while working outside sweating then dry while sitting at the computer and the front bottom would stick out making a lump under my jeans. I guess I need to wet it and flatten it out or trim it off. My Alien gear is also closed at the bottom keeping lint and stuff out of my barrel and has a little more protection in the rough hammer area carrying condition one for my skin also.

I usually wear Jeans and a T-Shirt draped over it, but it works well with a tucked in dress shirt also.

Yep very pleased with it. Be sure to get a good heavy belt with what ever you decide to purchase.