All around rifle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, kick em in the nuts. Works every time.
I'm not saying the AR/shotgun is not an effective weapon in home defense, just not what I would choose if moving room to room. When cops clear a facility, there is a method to the madness that a single homeowner doesn't have. Cops with multiple actors have people watching your six, nine and two. It's an orchestrated entry that works.
The single homeowner doesn't have that training or backup and will likely be leading their charge into dark territory where someone one can take advantage of that barrel while using their weapon to shoot the owner.
As we both know everything is subjective and fluid in those situations. Keyboard scenerios are just that.
Key word: Training. The lack of training you describe applies to pistols and whatever else as well. The reverse also applies. A trained individual can move through a house with a pistol almost as well as a rifle but certainly won't be as effective as a person with a rifle. I can move through a house better than a cop but I don't have 3 other dudes with me, so I have to change how I do it.
I'm with Corgi on this. A rifle will always outperform a pistol and a person with a rifle will almost always overcome a person with a pistol. Better control, better aim, much more lethal round, etc. The only places I would consider a pistol over a rifle would be a confined space - closet, bathroom maybe, attic, tunnels, etc.
Remember, you have the homefield advantage in your house vs a stranger. You know every corner, every room, hallway, every light switch and door, and you can take advantage of that. Cops take 10 min or more to get there? Bad guys usually won't stick around to fight especially when their one of their buddies dies a horrible death. But if you hide in a corner with a pop gun, they can quickly overcome you and that's that. It's a choice though.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Best I could muster in 35 mph winds!
2F943FE9-9F1B-485A-BA21-56B7105C9B25.jpeg
E1645DF9-96C0-4CE1-938C-9BB52097FDBC.jpeg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I was about 75 yards. Me and the gun were rockin and rolling in the wind. I can get a group like that at 100 with better conditions. That plate is 8 1/2 inches wide

Latest posts

Top Bottom