All around rifle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
@RickN this is a darn good deal!
59B1780B-C4CD-443D-B9AD-80A1CF7BA9E8.png

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like you had some fun. I like the old min14s rear sight. Looks better than the rancher sights. I like the M1 M1A sight look better. Wish they hadn’t changed it.

I have a newer model made early 2000s that looks like that. Bought me a new production ATM folding stock for it. Play on the abbreviation of the word A Team. They are new Ruger folding stocks licensed through Sampson

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick will not have any person sneak up on him in his house or even get in without him being allerted.

His dogs are on point.
Trust me on that. Smallest noise and he is alerted.
You have no idea, especially the female hound. She regularly barks at things in HER yard. Squirrels, opossums, birds, a running leaf, it just does not matter. She barks! Now the little male will bark at times but like any good male, he lets her make the most noise.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick, do you reload? I've run my Mini with plain ol' 55gr FMJ - but the carefully reloaded ones outshoot all the factory stuff I've tried. Since I'm "dumping" powder, not weighing every one like I would my hunting loads, my guess is the factory standards are pretty low. CFE and CCI primers with Hornady FMJ, or even Midway blems shoot better than AE, Win, etc...

I'm not sure you'll get the same results with that pencil barrel but good ammo can't hurt.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was unaware that Mini-14s came in a heavy barrel version. All the ones I have seen have had the same profile no matter if it was a Ranch, G.B. or plain old Mini. Did they also make a National Match version like the AK-47 I saw advertised a bit ago? The only ones I am aware of with a heavy barrel are the ones rebarreled by Accuracy Systems in Colorado...(thanks Denis, I couldn't remember their name)

Disclaimer.... Yes I am very aware that no AK was ever produced as a National Match rifle, but hey when your asking $2300.00 for an AK it darn well ought to have a National Match barrel and flash hider and be fully accurrize!🤣

Latest posts

Top Bottom