All hell is breaking loose in Tulsa Area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amazing nothing got really jacked up last night with all the tornadoes they were claiming on the news last night. My sirens have gone off at my house for over an hour this week. I was at creek and yale last night. Had to go out between storm fronts to go out West. They are on radio talking about possibly rotation at 81st and yale headed to 71st and Mem and the freaking sirens weren't going off. WTH people..

Also those freaking spotters are worse than the meteorologist. Its like they get paid a bonus each time they say there is a wall or funnel dropping out.

So I remember the 86 flood. I had an uncle lived between Peoria and Lewis and the storm drains flooded his neighborhood and got in his yard before going back down.

Then I recall the water being way up in 2005 or 2006 and they were worried about the Keystone dam failing. Does anyone remember that? The water was just as high it seemed on 64 as it is now. So what changed did they do some repairs were we can have 300k releases again and dam is A-okay?

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the face of it, that sounds like hyperbole, but the latest figures show that the flood pool at Keystone is only 17 feet under the top of the dam. Yikes.

Corps of Engineers did a Facebook video today at Kaw. It was about 18 inches from cresting over the dam. Water splashing up through the catwalk they were walking. It was a whole lot of nope.

Found the link:

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Corps of Engineers did a Facebook video today at Kaw. It was about 18 inches from cresting over the dam. Water splashing up through the catwalk they were walking. It was a whole lot of nope.

Found the link:

You should see it now with 2X the amount of water being released as was shown in the video. The parking lot on the east side is about 10' deep now.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They were getting ahead of the inflow at Keystone, but it looks like that rain is pulling ahead again.
upload_2019-5-24_23-32-40.png

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It could be worse; it could be like May of 2016, when the Arkansas, Canadian, and Red River basins were all in flood. There was some wicked video of the outflow at Eufaula that year, and they were not far from Mannford being flooded by Keystone (which was more than a little bit ironic, seeing as how the original Mannford site is under Keystone).

Latest posts

Top Bottom