All my life I've heard ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snafu21

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Two bum knees, bum shoulder, 50% hearing loss, a ringing in both ears that NEVER stops and causes headaches and loss of sleep, arthritis, asthma, and a ticker that threw a fit at 49 years old.... Yeah, I'm just starting the getting old process and I'm not sure it'll be an enjoyable process.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When we were young and full of youth we couldn't afford to eat steak. Now that were older and can afford steak, we're told to not eat steak. Keep on going to the doctors and they'll be sure to find something wrong-it never fails.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's an adventure, that's for sure. And I have good doctors. (By good I mean young and handsome! :rubhands:) Seriously, though, I know they mean well but when my very sweet, VERY handsome primary care guy told me I needed to have a stress test today I looked at him, smiled shyly ... And said ...

Wait for it ...

"Why Dr. H ... Does insurance cover that??" :naughty:

It took him a minute and then he turned red as a beet and kinda stammered ... And then said "Dear Lord, Mrs. C, you scared me there for a minute! I was afraid I was gonna get sued! And then I realized who I was dealing with!"

:pms2:

Poor kid ... :rotflmao: He's gonna be an old man before his time! :sunbath:

And no, I ain't having no damned stress test. I live with Grumpy. I have enough stress in my life. I don't need to run on a ******* treadmill in front of a bunch of people who get off on torturing old, fat, out of shape people, so they can then tell them they are old, fat and out of shape. :werd:

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stress tests have changed (upgraded?) and no one told me. In addition to the treadmill
EKG they also include before and after MRI-type imaging...plus some radioactive tracer injected at the time of the treadmill....a bit more of an ordeal than I thought this go round would be. And the insurance fell about $500 short of paying for it

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stress tests have changed (upgraded?) and one told me. In addition to the treadmill
EKG they also include before and after MRI-type imaging...plus some radioactive tracer injected at the time of the treadmill....a bit more of an ordeal than I thought this go round would be. And the insurance fell about $500 short of paying for it

Yes, they're a much more sophisticated test than the simple old walking EKG treadmill. By leaps and bounds. And have saved an incredible number of lives, as a consequence.

As testing becomes more sophisticated, it becomes more effective, but yes, it does become more expensive. It's kind of the nature of it. I am sure if you want to have the old, obsolete and less-effective type of testing done, you can always discuss that with your doctor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom