1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

All my life I've heard ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Annie, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Annie

Annie Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Getting old is better than the alternative.

Man, I dunno. The things doctors do to you ON PURPOSE to make sure you don't die too soon from stuff you probably don't have is starting to make me wonder! :lookaroun

:popcorn:

2. SoonerP226

SoonerP226 Sharpshooter

What's the consulting motto? You may not have a solution, but there's good money to be made in extending the problem...

Okie4570, okierider and Annie like this.
  3. bigred1

bigred1 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I know exactly what you mean my dear. I'm getting so tired of being poked and prodded then told what to eat and drink I could scream. Then the grandkids come over and it all seems worthwhile.

D. Hargrove and Annie like this.
  4. snafu21

snafu21 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Two bum knees, bum shoulder, 50% hearing loss, a ringing in both ears that NEVER stops and causes headaches and loss of sleep, arthritis, asthma, and a ticker that threw a fit at 49 years old.... Yeah, I'm just starting the getting old process and I'm not sure it'll be an enjoyable process.

Annie likes this.
  5. John6185

John6185 Sharpshooter

When we were young and full of youth we couldn't afford to eat steak. Now that were older and can afford steak, we're told to not eat steak. Keep on going to the doctors and they'll be sure to find something wrong-it never fails.

Annie likes this.
  6. Annie

Annie Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    It's an adventure, that's for sure. And I have good doctors. (By good I mean young and handsome! :rubhands:) Seriously, though, I know they mean well but when my very sweet, VERY handsome primary care guy told me I needed to have a stress test today I looked at him, smiled shyly ... And said ...

Wait for it ...

"Why Dr. H ... Does insurance cover that??" :naughty:

It took him a minute and then he turned red as a beet and kinda stammered ... And then said "Dear Lord, Mrs. C, you scared me there for a minute! I was afraid I was gonna get sued! And then I realized who I was dealing with!"

:pms2:

Poor kid ... :rotflmao: He's gonna be an old man before his time! :sunbath:

And no, I ain't having no damned stress test. I live with Grumpy. I have enough stress in my life. I don't need to run on a ******* treadmill in front of a bunch of people who get off on torturing old, fat, out of shape people, so they can then tell them they are old, fat and out of shape. :werd:

7. Annie

Annie Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Wait?!?! You can afford steak?!?!? :bah: I need to talk to Grumpy ...:hey3:

D. Hargrove likes this.
  8. lasher

lasher Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    steak? i got a $15 coupon from Omaha steaks the other day. think i'll order some.

D. Hargrove and Annie like this.
  9. Dale00

Dale00 Sharpshooter

Stress tests have changed (upgraded?) and no one told me. In addition to the treadmill
    EKG they also include before and after MRI-type imaging...plus some radioactive tracer injected at the time of the treadmill....a bit more of an ordeal than I thought this go round would be. And the insurance fell about $500 short of paying for it

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    Annie likes this.
  10. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Yes, they're a much more sophisticated test than the simple old walking EKG treadmill. By leaps and bounds. And have saved an incredible number of lives, as a consequence.

As testing becomes more sophisticated, it becomes more effective, but yes, it does become more expensive. It's kind of the nature of it. I am sure if you want to have the old, obsolete and less-effective type of testing done, you can always discuss that with your doctor.

Okie4570 and Annie like this.