All my life I've heard ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He seemed quite surprised that I'd never had a stress test before any of the surgeries I'd had. Is that a thing now? And after some discussion we decided to revisit the issue after my ankle decides to stop acting like a little *****. I'm pretty sure falling on the treadmill when my ankle gave out would get me some looks.

I guess I could let them "medically induce" my stress but that sounds even less appealing. Lol

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He seemed quite surprised that I'd never had a stress test before any of the surgeries I'd had. Is that a thing now? And after some discussion we decided to revisit the issue after my ankle decides to stop acting like a little *****. I'm pretty sure falling on the treadmill when my ankle gave out would get me some looks.

I guess I could let them "medically induce" my stress but that sounds even less appealing. Lol
For me it is. I had two stents in my heart, and with my upcoming CI surgery, they wanted me to get checked out by my cardiologist, and he did a chemical stress test and the radioactive thing, and then OK'd the hammer and chisel work on my skull. That happens on the 23rd.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, they're a much more sophisticated test than the simple old walking EKG treadmill. By leaps and bounds. And have saved an incredible number of lives, as a consequence.

As testing becomes more sophisticated, it becomes more effective, but yes, it does become more expensive. It's kind of the nature of it. I am sure if you want to have the old, obsolete and less-effective type of testing done, you can always discuss that with your doctor.

Ok so the Docs all say eat right and excercise but we have our resident health care pundit putting bacon in cookies!!! You are sending all sorts of mixed signals there. And to add even more to it we gots pics of you in spikes!!! So confusing!:cool:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it was my old boss who said his doc didn't want to do the chemical stress test on him because he stood a very real chance of dying from it. Of course, he has radiation damage in the heart area from being (successfully) treated for cancer in the '90s, and the doc was worried about problems with his "widowmaker" artery.

My dad has had a few stress tests over the last decade. He doesn't like them, but he has survived all of them to date.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok so the Docs all say eat right and excercise but we have our resident health care pundit putting bacon in cookies!!! You are sending all sorts of mixed signals there. And to add even more to it we gots pics of you in spikes!!! So confusing!:cool:

All things in moderation, my friend....

I made over 100 of those cookies, I think, and I ate exactly... 2, I believe.

In addition, I followed it up a few days later with a sugar free, low carb, gluten free pound cake with sugar free lemon mascarpone curd, sugar free plum compote and sliced strawberries. Of which I also ate only 1 small serving.

I'm nothing if not conflicted in a culinary sense! lol

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm 55 and I still heal very quickly....always have. Back in December I cracked my right hip had an MRI and as sent to a hip surgeon. I healed...completely...by the end of February....no surgery. Was sore as a son-of- female dog and getting into and out of my wife's low riding sports car was a mother trucker!!

Anyways....my general doctor is always amazed at how healthy I am. Last year he put me on a very small dose of blood pressure med and told me to take a baby aspirin with it.

He told me he would take me off the lite blood pressure med if I'd quit smoking Cuban cigars and slow down on drinking bourbon and Tenn. whiskey.

I asked him if I quit my " habits" would it extend my life? ** knowing full well his answer before he answered** He told me...of course not...it wouldn't extend my life.

I told him...so I'm mortal??!! I'm going to die sometime with or without lite blood pressure meds??!!

He just grinned at me....

I told him...sorry Doc...I'm dying HAPPY...NOT HEALTHY!!!

Cheers...:sunbath:

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All things in moderation, my friend....

I made over 100 of those cookies, I think, and I ate exactly... 2, I believe.

In addition, I followed it up a few days later with a sugar free, low carb, gluten free pound cake with sugar free lemon mascarpone curd, sugar free plum compote and sliced strawberries. Of which I also ate only 1 small serving.

I'm nothing if not conflicted in a culinary sense! lol

:ooh2:You make a post like this -- WITHOUT a recipe for that lemon curd?!?!?!? :crying:

What kind of friend are you, anyway?? :hey3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom