All my life I've heard ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i always have the grilled cheese sammich with 4 slices of bacon on it at the VA hospital, love em, wish i had one now

OMG, I LOVE grilled cheese sammiches. We're having beans, fried tators and cornbread for dinner but I know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow, with my tomato soup. If Grumpy is nice to me I'll make him a sammich, too. If not, well ... he'll just have to figure something else out. :freezing:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i always have the grilled cheese sammich with 4 slices of bacon on it at the VA hospital, love em, wish i had one now
Yeah but that is in the cafeteria on the ground floor...right?
Going back to the subject of Doctors, I have one locally that is good for a signature only and I have to tell him what I need and what is wrong so he'll write an Rx-then he changes the medication form what I told him to something I don't want, I tell him I have such and such symptoms and he glosses over what I've said. I'm changing Docs the first...the first chance I get!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Buy steak in Integris?" Musta misread that, they don't offer steak for the patient's meals-only in the physician's lounge/cafeteria. The very worst of all hospital food in the entire world is the OKC VA Hospital. One guy when I was there refused to eat anything from the VA kitchen and just wanted out-gone-go home. I felt sorry for him. They make fairly good milk though.
I've had lunch in the cafeteria a couple of times.
I don't consider McDonalds as human food, and I'd say the OKC VA with the surly people behind the counters is worse.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had lunch in the cafeteria a couple of times.
I don't consider McDonalds as human food, and I'd say the OKC VA with the surly people behind the counters is worse.
Yep, they act as if they are doing you a favor by eating their swill. I can't figure it out, why don't they get someone to run the kitchen who knows how to cook, it isn't that difficult-but it takes a little effort.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom