All Steelfingers range results will only be here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can get into reloading pretty cheap. Even with spot on consistent loads, just a difference of .2 grains of powder out of 40 grains can be the difference between a .5moa or a 1.5 moa gun. My buddies Predator in 243 with bthp 105gr is extremely sensitive to load variations. Im not trying to talk you into it. Reloading is a pain in the ass.
I enjoy my time at the reloading bench. Working up loads, and the satisfaction of knowing I made it is satisfying to me.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had my AR and Creedmoor in my truck so.....I stopped by the range and dropped some brass.
No pictures of my AR target (not too impressive). If I plan on shooting that at 100 and 200 yards, I need more magnification or need to reset the zero to 100 rather than 50 yds.
Anyway, windy as heck today but that's ok. I liked my groups. shot 16 rounds of the 125 grain Win at 100 yds.
After taking the pic I thought I'd give some perspective as to size of the target area.
ADA creed 100yds.JPG
ada dem1.JPG
ada dem2.JPG

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
LOL you throw 'betters' around pretty easy there!! I can shoot a rifle and that is all I will say about that!! Have not shot my 30-06 since they closed Lexington for remodeling!! Did get a membership at Wilshire so I will start again very soon. Really cannot wait to get the 54cal BP out, that is my favorite rifle to shoot, something very Zen about shooting that thing!

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL you throw 'betters' around pretty easy there!! I can shoot a rifle and that is all I will say about that!! Have not shot my 30-06 since they closed Lexington for remodeling!! Did get a membership at Wilshire so I will start again very soon. Really cannot wait to get the 54cal BP out, that is my favorite rifle to shoot, something very Zen about shooting that thing!
I use to hunt black power but gave my last one to my nephews son. Nothing like walking through the woods with a 45 cal percussion. Heavy and clumsy but nothing like it.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update 9.19.17:
Had a very short window today to have a fraction of fun. Ran by the range, set up the stand at 100 yards, got out the Creedmoor and shot one mag (4 rounds total) and back to work.
1st picture is the 4 rounds. 2nd pic is the first two shots with an ugly tape measurer. Made a small adjustment to my grip purchase and fired the 2nd two shot group.
I'll take it. Ammo was the Black Box hornady 140 grain.
Wind was toward my position a bit left to right at 11 mph gusting a bit more.
A 4 rds 1.JPG
a 1st two rds 2.JPG
a 2nd two rds 3.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom