All Steelfingers range results will only be here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed, I truly enjoy the real gun community. At almost all my Bullseye competitions I run into some old coot that has shot hundreds of thousand more rounds than me and kinda takes me under his wing. Hell, I'm 51 years old and these guys are old enough to be my father. Never ceases to amaze me the level of interest they have in sharing the sport.

Yep, we have a guy in his late 80's that comes to our range almost daily. He comes to test some new reloads in his AR-10 or AR-15. He can't do bolt guns anymore because of the recoil.
Not only is he addicted to shooting, he is addicted to reloading, and uses his trips to the range to test new loads.
I'd love to see his reloading setup. I'm betting he has more different powders than most reloading shops do.
Distinguished Service medal as a medevac pilot, 1968.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife needed to go to Sherman Tx. this morning, so we will be skipping church today.
Have worked hard around the house the last few days with only a few hour break to go shoot yesterday.
Plan on taking the AR and Creedmoor out and play with it. Will post results here.
Still working on adapting my Boyd At One stock to accept acis 10 round mag. Will involve something new to me (casting aluminum). Will be building a DIY forge and decide if green sand is the way to go or figure out something else.
I think I can do the same thing using a crucible and a brush burner to get the same results without building the forge.
Might work, might not, but will be fun to learn something new.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great day at the range with the Ruger american. Man it felt good. Weather was good as I beat the rain.
Ada 100 yards. My rifle likes this ammo. Really wanted to test out how my additional sanding to the Boyd stock helped. It did.
First picture was first 4 shots of the day. Concentration on trigger control and holding breath at normal pause. I was in the zone. The flier was caused by Matt Damon.
Second pic is the next group. Had too little trigger purchase (too little finger on trigger) but took note where finger was and shot again to make sure and almost the result. I purposely over purchased the trigger (too much finger) and hit to the right. Confirmed with putting finger in same spot for follow up shot.
Third shot was finger in perfect purchase and dead center.
Next pictures are of my setup and the ammo.
Great day but rain was about to start and headed home.
ADA 7 15 17 one.JPG
Ada 7 15 17 two.JPG
Ada 7 15 17 three.JPG
Ada 7 15 17 four.JPG

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good deal man. We broke in my buddys predator yesterday and its going to be a shooter. We need to get together.
I'm ready. Working on an aluminum insert to take the AI Mags (308 same as 6.5). Testing out my brazing skills but having problems finding flat aluminum bar of 3"x 1/8. Can find the 2" but the 3" would let me do less brazing.
Picked up 5 round mag that works perfectly with the bolt. They use them in the LSS chassis for the ruger american short action bolt. When I get the finished prototype, I'll buy the 10 round mags.
The extra floating on the stock got it there. Any problems with accuracy are mine alone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom