All Steelfingers range results will only be here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a point system and the effect of the strike. I think, like you, if I rock you, I own you and the fight. Scoring has gotten so much better. When it started, I think they just weighed the blood on the mat.
Not sure the scoring system in MMA, but if it's nearly as complicated as the 10 point must in boxing, I'd rather do algebra.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the next steel challenge in Ada gets closer please remind us. I want to start steel challenge as soon as I can. There is one at the SCRAP club but I havent made it there yet. And any info you know about it would be great.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When the next steel challenge in Ada gets closer please remind us. I want to start steel challenge as soon as I can. There is one at the SCRAP club but I havent made it there yet. And any info you know about it would be great.
I will. I've never done one and it would be great to have someone for OSA to laugh at me....HA!

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife doing better today so I ran to the Ada Rifle Range and shot a box of 120 grain Hornady ELD Match. Of course the ruger american @ 100 yards.
Liked the results and the better hits I felt were good hits. Shooting off a caldwell bag(s) and still working on the shooting between heartbeats. Feel like I'm putting pressure either from my cheek or pushing the stock in place. Trigger pull getting better and hope to put a few more shots this week and then moving out to 200 to see results.
I know it's not great but it's better. Finding my place behind the rifle, not there yet, but finding it.
Suggestions welcomed.
ADA 7 30 17 hornady 120 gr Match 6.5 creedmoor at 100.JPG

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're getting better. We went to the range today and worked on some loads for my friends RAP in 243. He just put it in a chassis.
I battled back and forth with the Lss chassis but the look of the Boyd was just toooo much. About halfway through with my DIY mag adapter that will take 308 10 round mags. Using 1/8 "x 2" aluminum flat bar.
It's going to work and be very cool. Hate the rotary ruger mag. It's a pos and the mod will add some more bling to an already blinged out rifle.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure its been said before--consistency is the key. How the stock is held, how much pressure on the cheek, how tight to the shoulder, how the rifle sits on the bags, trigger squeeze, breath control, sight picture--all these things must be done the same way to get consistent results. Practice, practice, practice!

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I battled back and forth with the Lss chassis but the look of the Boyd was just toooo much. About halfway through with my DIY mag adapter that will take 308 10 round mags. Using 1/8 "x 2" aluminum flat bar.
It's going to work and be very cool. Hate the rotary ruger mag. It's a pos and the mod will add some more bling to an already blinged out rifle.

He did too. He origionally wanted the same one you have. But decided to get the chassis. It may be a Lss. I cant remember.

Latest posts

Top Bottom