Alligator killed in Claremore

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nate08chevy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s a big lizard. A reptile. They are fairly plentiful where they are a native species. I guess I just don’t get the outrage.

Where it was located it wasn’t native. It was most likely dumped, so it was feral, like a hog. I’d rather they spend a couple bucks on bullets eradicating an invasive animal rather than thousands relocating it.

The animal is dead because it’s owner dumped it. This is on them, but in the end it was a reptile that has hunting seasons established for it in areas of the country where it is native. I won’t give it a second thought.
I don’t get the outrage either. After it was dumped it became feral and a nuisance animal. A nuisance animal that doesn’t knock over trash cans but eats an old ladies dog or worse case someone’s little timmy playing by the water. Unpredictable and dangerous that point. Relocating that far can also mean spreading diseases for the native animals….

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do find some of these comments funny. Nobody dumped off a 9 footer. That thing is over 10 years old to get that big and nobody in Oklahoma could own one that long without being told on. It use the old shoe leather express and swam to get there. How he swam up the Arkansas and Verdigris without being spotted though should be of some concern. It moved that far north for a reason and they only have about a two square mile territory. Makes you wonder how many others came with it and haven't been found yet.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like a candle light vigil is being planned by those who care about alligators this weekend to honor the life of the alligator. The wife said people on farcebook are planning it. Of course some locals have offered to provide food at the event with some food trucks. Anything for a buck I guess.

77B0F7A7-FB75-4753-AE0D-5B3CBE5E8C98.jpeg

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Did not realize thinking that not killing something was considered outrage ............ But whatever, we are all allowed to have our opinion on the matter , but a lot of you guys opinion stinks! :cool: Hopefully they at least ate it instead of tossing it.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like a candle light vigil is being planned by those who care about alligators this weekend to honor the life of the alligator. The wife said people on farcebook are planning it. Of course some locals have offered to provide food at the event with some food trucks. Anything for a buck I guess.

View attachment 272264
Even I have to admit that is funny. And pretty sure a candlelight vigil is pretty silly as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom