Almost bought a beautiful Colt Python 357 mag/38sp 6" today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I some good news just now. A
I have talked with all my friends and even not so close friends about drugs and I ask them why do you do the drugs.

I have volunteered to take them to rehab or take them to a relatives house that could help them.
I have been told they do it because their minds will not shut off and all bad feelings come out at night.

I have told them they need new habits like hard work during the day so they are tired at night.

Even when pot was not legal i would talk to my friends and ask why they do it and if they really wanted to do it.

Yea they all wanted to smoke pot and they all still do.
I will have a beer or 3 or a glass of wine or a couple shots and I am good and this is not often.
No drugs of any kind.

I am not trying to escape reality.
Reality will still be there when you come down and then what.
It's hard seeing it but it's not like I haven't seen his habit grow old with him. It's such a loss. I did what was right for me and if the next guy buys it (they will) that's their decision.
I wish it was a beat to death taurus though.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly what my wife said. She's right.
You did right Sf had you bought that revolver and your friend checked out shortly thereafter it would have always been a question in your mind ."Did the money he got from me contribute" No thanks, got enough demons keeping me crazy.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have lost friends and family to drugs and booze. There is really nothing that you can do. I know, I tried with one brother, 2 sisters, a niece and a couple friends.

I think you should have bought the colt to prevent it being used in a crime or as a statues symbol by some pusher. I sold a few family guns just to prevent some other family members from getting them, they would have sold them for drugs. I have a couple of my father's fishing poles for sale now for the same reason. Anything happens to me they will go to my brother who will hock them to buy booze.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have lost friends and family to drugs and booze. There is really nothing that you can do. I know, I tried with one brother, 2 sisters, a niece and a couple friends.

I think you should have bought the colt to prevent it being used in a crime or as a statues symbol by some pusher. I sold a few family guns just to prevent some other family members from getting them, they would have sold them for drugs. I have a couple of my father's fishing poles for sale now for the same reason. Anything happens to me they will go to my brother who will hock them to buy booze.
Sorry about that.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Steel - you did the right thing. Your decision won't change the final outcome, but you'll sleep better knowing you didn't enable you old friend to dig deeper or worse.

It's just a gun, not worth a bad conscience.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, at the end of the day we have to be happy with our day when our head hits the pillow each night. What that means is different for everyone. It is the same advice I give to family and friends that are at a difficult fork in the road or second guessing their decision based on feedback from others that weren't there.

Sometimes it means reinforcing a decision I may not agree with or may upset me, but each of us has to live with our own conscience.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't think for a second the new Python's can even hold a candle to the originals. They were hand made by master gunsmiths that averaged about 40 yrs experience. Over 3 days went into just the polishing. You can't even get the new ones in blue, strictly stainless, that oughta tell you something. Today's gunmakers try to get you to believe the craptastic flat black nitride finish is for YOUR benefit, when of course it's just to save THEM time and money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom