Almost bought a P365

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was surprised to see that Academy had one in the case. As I patiently waited for my turn to be helped I asked the guy behind the counter if he could help more than one customer at a time. He advised that he could not do that but he could call for some back up to come help. A very nice guy who does not normally work the gun counter showed up and was very helpful. As I started throwing out model numbers he did not understand and advised that he does not really know guns and wanted me to point them out. I pointed out the Sig P365 and as he took it out of the case he banged the rear sight enough to cause a small indention. Dang it! However he did save me the $499 plus tax. I guess I will wait until they cool down a little and start the search again. I was however impressed with the size in comparison to the G43 and also the Sig P938. I feel that I do need one just not a dinged up one. Yes, I know I could replace the rear sight but it was the principle of the buying a new dinged gun that caused me to not pull the trigger. :)

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't blame you. I would have cringed too. When I buy one NIB I'm gonna be the first to fire it and put "character" marks on it. That is unless the wife snatches it out of my hands. :blush:

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This was a certain intervention by the gun Deity, GoBang... He circles the realm of gun enthusiasts and interjects his wisdom upon the oft times eager purchasers of the most recently released weapon of choice.
Ohhhhhhhhh, that's what it is.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This was a certain intervention by the gun Deity, GoBang... He circles the realm of gun enthusiasts and interjects his wisdom upon the oft times eager purchasers of the most recently released weapon of choice.

I see, and it makes perfect sense! Yes; perfect sense indeed. Do you think that the gun diety GoBang selects those upon which to bestow this good fortune in a random manner, or is it the result perhaps of some good karma on the part of the bestowee, perhaps in an earlier incarnation?

Latest posts

Top Bottom