Almost got scammed. Buying via online is really risky.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

38super4me

New to the site!
Reaction score
I posted in the items wanted I was looking for a 617-10 Smith.

Got a email that this guy had one And he saw my request on this site.

I will always respond and pay for a gun promptly.

Gun was from western Oklahoma.

had a real good email exchange with pictures of the gun.

Price was in line with the 617’s condition.

Told him I would buy. Had my dealer send FFL copy to shop in Guymon.

Then things got me looking closer.

I called the shop the seller said he was using. They never heard of the guy.

Then was contacted by the seller and he wanted payment by Zella. Never heard of them.

I offered to overnight FedEx money order to the dealer. Never could get the guy to call me.

He ghosted after that.

I figured I just missed having a problem.

I’ll still be buying in the future from online listings but if they won’t accept a money order at the dealer or talk on the phone I’ll be done real quick.

just thought I would share as the seller monitors this site.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
In my opinion it's best not to post your email or phone number in an ad.

There were a couple of guys here that got scammed by a guy out that way. It was probably the same one.

He got banned from here but that doesn't keep him from contacting someone that posts their personal contact information.

We ban scammers daily here. The best advice is to deal with well established members. Buyer beware!!!

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought an item off ebay once that was priced unusually low. I figured it was most likely a rip-off. By email the seller claimed it was shipped but, I never got it. I ran the UPS tracking number which claimed it was delivered to me. I contacted UPS and they said the tracking number said it was delivered in Commiefornia. Thy said I must have the wrong tracking number and for me to get the correct one from the seller. The seller wouldn't give me another tracking number. So, I called UPS again, and they claimed they couldn't do anything without the correct tracking number. I asked UPS "Aren't you the people that issue the numbers and you don't have it on your computer?" They claimed they couldn't do anything. So, I filed a complaint with PayPal and finally got a refund. UPS sucks! I don't see how this seller could keep doing this without someone on the inside at UPS.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had someone try the same with me last week. He reached out to me via PM on this site - not email. I did a reverse image search on one of the pictures he had sent me. The complete set of images was taken from an old posting on a different forum. I requested a picture of a portion of the gun which was not visible in all of the other photos. I was going to give him a day to respond before I reported him as a scammer. The mods here beat me to it.

I've gotta hand it to the mods for being on top of the situation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom