Almost got scammed. Buying via online is really risky.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Should call the FBI"s cyber crime unit, they will jump right on it since it was some scumbag trying to get a gun illegally.
I have some buddies who work there and engaged them on just this subject. They won't do anything at all. It's petty crime to them; they'll take a report and that's that. It has to be real fraud - like $25K or more or show that it's organized. Guns America has a whole crew of fraudsters on there (not sponsored by GA, but they use GA because it's easy pickins) and the authorities just monitor.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
I had someone try the same with me last week. He reached out to me via PM on this site - not email. I did a reverse image search on one of the pictures he had sent me. The complete set of images was taken from an old posting on a different forum. I requested a picture of a portion of the gun which was not visible in all of the other photos. I was going to give him a day to respond before I reported him as a scammer. The mods here beat me to it.

I've gotta hand it to the mods for being on top of the situation.
How do you do a reverse image search?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you do a reverse image search?

Go to Google and click on "Images" in the upper right hand corner and you get this:

Image Search1.jpg

Then, click on the camera image shown to the right side of the search phrase "window bar," and you get this:

Image Search2.jpg

Once you have it to that stage, you have the option of pasting in a URL for the image or uploading the image from your computer.

At least, I think that is how it is done. I only remember doing this once, so I'm somewhat guessing.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some buddies who work there and engaged them on just this subject. They won't do anything at all. It's petty crime to them; they'll take a report and that's that. It has to be real fraud - like $25K or more or show that it's organized. Guns America has a whole crew of fraudsters on there (not sponsored by GA, but they use GA because it's easy pickins) and the authorities just monitor.
Our tax dollars at work/WASTED by gov.lame

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Scamming was attempted on me as well, I wanted to buy a T@B trailer (RV) and made and offer and it was accepted but they wanted me to send vIa some site called Zamp or similar $3500.00 to take it off the market. I was ready to buy until the seller told me this information and I researched her number and according to the internet the number belonged to someone else (it could have but...) I checked the sellers name on carious websites including Facebook and couldn't find the seller. She was also in Florida visiting her brother as of today but she told me yesterday she was back from visiting her brother.
I told the seller I would bring a. Cashier's Check for the full amount, look a the RV and then pay. Seller never responded. And this ad was on a T@B website.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Should call the FBI"s cyber crime unit, they will jump right on it since it was some scumbag trying to get a gun illegally.

They fill out some paper work and done

I went to local PD. Barney was verclamped. Would not even look at the text messages.

Contacted OSBI. No interest UNLESS I had shipped a firearm to a fake FFL. Acted as though I was the criminal.

Next was FBI, "not their department."

Thought for sure BATFE would show interest. May have been because Odumbo was in office, but they said to send the info, evidence and they would "look into it", while laughing.

I had a $3800 check (3rd party, closed account, to cash, take price of gun, shipping and $300 inconvenience fee; send remainder back on Wal-Mart gift card)
Messages from 5 different people, in Wa State, Illinois, Texas, NC and Fl.
2 copies of FFL, same license number, 2 different business name in 2 States.
But, no problem

Last edited:

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get a kick out of the buyers in OKC that often ask the sellers in Tulsa
”Do you ever get down this way?” They act like the drive to Tulsa is 3000 miles away. It doesn’t take that long to get to Tulsa….
I've gotten that too. I don't drive to OKC unless I'm getting cuddles. I'll meet an OKC person halfway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom