Almost out of patience and the the truck I'm looking for falls in my lap.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been looking for a 2001-2003 F150 Supercrew 4x4 for about 6 weeks or so now. Can't count the number I've called on, looked at or driven.

Today I get a call from my dad. He has a phone number for me. He was selling the camper shell off of his 01 supercrew and asked the guy who was buying it if he wanted to sell his truck.

well needless to say I've now driven the truck and we have settled on an offer. My boss, aka wife has approved and we are waiting on his wife's approval. Yeah we are married whipped men.

2002 Lariat FX4 package with just 77k miles. as close to perfect as you can get and still have the factory Ford option of the torn drivers seat.

So if you know anyone looking for a newer Explorer I have one that needs to get sold before to long.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not at all. The guy bought the shell. And wants to keep it.

I'm a little lost on what he is going to put it on. He is going to use the cash to buy the 4 door wrangler he is looking at of his friends.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not at all. The guy bought the shell. And wants to keep it.

I'm a little lost on what he is going to put it on. He is going to use the cash to buy the 4 door wrangler he is looking at of his friends.

Perhaps it will be his new residence in the back yard? After all, you did say this:

"Yeah we are married whipped men."

Just watch out for what ELSE your wife says.

Just saying.....

:ugh2:

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My boss, aka wife has approved and we are waiting on his wife's approval. Yeah we are married whipped men.

Good man.
If your wife is deserving of respect then treat her with respect. It isn't being whipped to treat her as an equal partner. I know I'd be mad if my wife sold or bought something expensive without my input. She deserves the same consideration.

I went through about a 10 year stretch where I was buying or selling a car every year. It is a rush to finally hit on the ONE after a long search. Your thread brings back good memories. I'm happy for you.

Post up a picture if you get the chance. I love trucks. Fords in particular.

Artic-Z

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
please tell me he wants under 12k for the fx4 and give me his number!

iv been looking for either 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton for the last week and the closest thing i can find in my price range is a 01 2500HD silverado with 130k miles...bout to start pulling my hair out...

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your gonna love it! I have an 04 FX4......its the best truck I have ever driven or owned. I wish mine had the mileage you had on yours but I'm not too worried. They get relatively good gas mileage as well....I average 15 hwy.

Rusty Shackleford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
please tell me he wants under 12k for the fx4 and give me his number!

iv been looking for either 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton for the last week and the closest thing i can find in my price range is a 01 2500HD silverado with 130k miles...bout to start pulling my hair out...

What's your price range?

I have a 2003 F250 King Ranch with 150K miles. I'm not trying to sell it but everything I own is for sale if the price is right :)

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Artic-Z: I can't say its under 12k I can say I am paying 12k for it. And no you can't have his phone number.

ai258.photobucket.com_albums_hh272_dblystone_DSC_0034.jpg

Those are green towels my dad stuck under the shell to prevent the paint from getting chewed up. The foam needs to be replaced.

ai258.photobucket.com_albums_hh272_dblystone_DSC_0045.jpg

Once its officially mine I'm going to start hunting down the factory FX4 rims. Although I don't dislike the rims that are on it. I'd prefer the factory ones. They just look better IMHO.

If I close this tomorrow or Saturday I'll be estatic. And this is proof positive. IT NEVER HURTS TO ASK. The worst they can say is no.

AND. for the same coverage as what is on my Explorer. I'm going to save a few bucks a month on my insurance.

I know a guy that landed some property near Hinton on the river by putting his business card on the storm door one day. Note on the back read. I'll buy this property when you are ready to sell. Please call anytime.

More than a year later he got a call. Bought the property.

Latest posts

Top Bottom