Alright, you guys know best. Which match-grade 10mm would you most likely go with?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Match-Grade 10mm Glock would you be most likely to purchase, and with which sights?

• Glock 20

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Glock 20 w/ extended and ported barrel

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Glock 20 w/ extended and threaded barrel

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Glock 40

• Glock 40 w/ extended and ported barrel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Glock 40 w/ extended and threaded barrel

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Trijicon HD Sights

• Trijicon RMR w/ suppressor sights

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice Tom! I really like that!!! How do you like that Suarez trigger, and whose extended release is that? Also, for the record, after owning MF Bar-Sto barrels, would you ever buy a "Drop-in MG Glock barrel?"

Hey Buffer, A man after my own heart! I often find myself questioning people/companies' definition of "Match Grade" as it seems the term is being used quite heavily (and loosely) these days to describe firearms that have no business in any form of match, and can not even come close to competing with other company's "Match Grade" Firearms. But to put it loosely, in my book any firearm that can consistently perform to the standards set forth by companies offering the best of accuracy guarantees in the industry qualifies as "Match Grade". In this example, a pistol that frequently provides the user with groups of 2" meets/exceeds the accuracy guarantee of 2.5" @ 50y by Les Bear as they are known to provide some of the most accurate pistols in the industry.

There are numerous companies selling "Match Grade" rifle barrels for just a couple hundred bucks a pop... So why drop $4-600 on a Shillen, Krieger, or Lilja, and why is it that these 3 companies hold 90% of the world records from 25-1000y in almost every platform??? Obviously, they have a different definition of "Match Grade". Anyone can build a rifle that can occasionally group 1/2 MOA at 100yds FGMM. But a rifle that consistently groups better than 2" @ 300yds is a different beast entirely.

Accuracy (put simply) is consistency from shot to shot. By our definition, a match grade barrel that has been hand fitted to a pistol will have better accuracy potential than a match grade barrel that has been cnc cut to fit EVERY single gun of the same model. Each barrel and each slide will very slightly due to the machining process. Therefore, a "drop in" match grade component, will usually be a better fit than factory, but still has to account for tolerances, not only in their own processes but in OEM manufacture as well, to avoid a high return rate, wasted product, and a bad reputation.

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Will I ever buy a drop in "match barrel? Not likely. Most of the fitting on the Barsto is on the bottom lugs (where drop in barrel tolerances are generous). Proper fitting means there is no discernable movement of the slide or barrel at lockup. Something a drop in barrel just can't do.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went with a G-40, unported with Ameriglo suppressor sights (green front dot, black rear) and an RM-06. Eventually I'll want a hard fit match barrel to make the most of the platform, accuracy-wise.

Latest posts

Top Bottom