Aluminum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Could be the over all length is too long.
If you still have it i could take a look at it.
I have never had any issues with aluminum.
In fact it usually has a tad smaller diameter than the brass ammo.

I have reloaded aluminum 45 cases and only fail point was tiny bit of primer seepage after 8 reloads

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Never had an issue with aluminum cases in my Semi-Autos at all. My Ruger GP-100 is not fond of aluminum cased .357 rounds, a few of them will, without fail, expand and stick in the cylinder after firing. Not a hard fix or deal breaker though. I have never reloaded Aluminum cases, so no experience to share there.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
before I started reloading 9mm again, the aluminum 9mm could be had for $89/500 cheap enough and no issues in any glock pistol.

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the aluminum stuff that CCI puts out. I have really been enjoying their Blazer 9mm in aluminum cases. They are like $9/ box at Academy — I just bought a ton of it. I haven't tried any other brands yet.

I wish more ammo manufacturers would start making some reliable and effective aluminum carry rounds. The ammo is noticeably lighter – I'm sure it would make a difference in a full-size double stacked pistol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom