Am I missing out by not having a pump 22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I find that a pump .22 is best as a field gun. None of my other .22s are as nice to take a walk around the farm with. They're not something I target shoot with, or go out to dump a bunch of ammo with, but if I'm going to use it from practical purposes, pumps are hard to beat.

Also, my pumps can shoot anything from shorts to LR, which is not something many of my others can do.

I may be a bit biased as well...

That is what I'm talking about, Very nice!

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find that a pump .22 is best as a field gun. None of my other .22s are as nice to take a walk around the farm with. They're not something I target shoot with, or go out to dump a bunch of ammo with, but if I'm going to use it from practical purposes, pumps are hard to beat.

Also, my pumps can shoot anything from shorts to LR, which is not something many of my others can do.

That is a very, very nice collection Sir.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was five and in kindergarten when my dad picked me up from school on one of his rare days off. He asked me if I had been a good boy at school that day, and of course I said that I had been.

He took me to the local sporting goods store and bought me a Rossi 62. I abused that rifle for years, and it sits in a safe now with many fond memories attached to it.

Pump .22s are some of the most enjoyable firearms a person can possess.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny after reading this post i seen on mewe where someone in Elgen, OK had a pump 22 for sale it was a merdian for $150 dont know anything about them so dont know if that is a good price or not.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score

1: gorgeous collection.
2: I agree, pump guns are fantastic field guns, and can be good shooters. I love explaining the history behind rimfire loads and gallery guns when I bring it out.

for what it’s worth, I wouldn’t suggest the new Rossi pump guns, not without handling one first. I just dislike it, to be honest. But I do have one to handle and try out if anyone is considering one.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny after reading this post i seen on mewe where someone in Elgen, OK had a pump 22 for sale it was a merdian for $150 dont know anything about them so dont know if that is a good price or not.

Off of the top of my head, I can't think of any pump 22 that wouldn't be worth that, at least.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1: gorgeous collection.
2: I agree, pump guns are fantastic field guns, and can be good shooters. I love explaining the history behind rimfire loads and gallery guns when I bring it out.

for what it’s worth, I wouldn’t suggest the new Rossi pump guns, not without handling one first. I just dislike it, to be honest. But I do have one to handle and try out if anyone is considering one.

I agree with you on the Rossi. I handled one when I was looking for a pump and just couldn't take it home. I just don't like the ergonomics of them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom