Am I seeing crooked cuts on factory ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This ammo is prob a year and a half old though. Before the scare and all that.
"Before the scare" would've been 2007. There was just a brief lull during Trump's term. Between the GWOT and politicrits being politicrits, there hasn't really been a "normal" year for ammo makers in a loooong time.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did a test with .223 and Tulammo was the most accurate with Hornady taking last place.
Funny thing is the Hornady 55gr bullet is what my gun loved most in my hand loads.

I removed all bullets from the different brands and brushed the necks and reseated the bullets and groups tightened up in all of the store ammo.

I would not think a crooked neck would hurt accuracy but inconsistent crimp will.

Maybe something I need to test out.
I wish I had 7.62x39 dies I would volunteer to tweak those factory rounds for free just to see if they would shoot tighter groups for you.
I have the dies and everything, just haven’t gotten set up yet. What do you say after I move next month I bring some stuff by and you show me how to do it, and we load a few rounds so I know what I’m doing?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do you say after I move next month I bring some stuff by and you show me how to do it, and we load a few rounds so I know what I’m doing?

Not a problem at all with that.
I built a small lightweight portable wooden press stand where I can set the press up and load at the range ..just sitting in a chair with the press right beside me.
It does not take much really.

Latest posts

Top Bottom