Am I the only one.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That prefers to carry crossdraw for large frame pistols? I prefer it because I can draw the weapon while sitting in a car, etc and because it allows me to draw with either hand. I do admit to spending many hours practicing the twist draw before I got it down to a level I am comfortable with.

I know some knock crossdraw carry but I always liked it.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been there, done that, uh wanted to do it. A large frame gun on a large frame belly doesn’t work, for me anyway.

I really tried a cross draw for quite a while and just couldn’t pull it off, I mean out. So I moved on to using a chest rig and it works for me.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cross draws worked for me until I snagged it and scratched the sh!1 outta my grips.

:explode:

Try a Galko Jackass shoulder holster.

I do use a shoulder rig at times.

Never tried it but I think I will. @RickN , OWB?

Yes I use a pancake holster. Oh and if you are going to practice drawing left handed, make sure to use an empty firearm. I have heard of some pretty interesting wounds of people using a loaded gun before they got the hang of it.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2375143440?pid=427611&gungroupid=1-6-504-137-11-HA0

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always thought it looked like a good idea, but I've never tried it. All I need is to buy another holster just for crossdraw!

I've also always wanted a shoulder rig, but decent ones get expensive really quick!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always thought it looked like a good idea, but I've never tried it. All I need is to buy another holster just for crossdraw!

I've also always wanted a shoulder rig, but decent ones get expensive really quick!

Well if you have a gut, you have to wear it a little forward for a right hand draw but that is fine in a car unless you move it to far forward. For the twist draw have it where either hand can reach.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A very long time ago when I was younger and thinner and a belt would hold my pants up, my off duty carry pistol was a Armalloy-Magnaported-docked hammer-Jordan Herrett grip, S&W M-58 carried in a Bianchi left handed inside the pants holster. I had the clip of the holster moved so the holster tilted about 45 degrees and was over the cylinder . I wore t-shirts and untucked shirts when I carried. The butt was right about the belt buckle. Was perfect in the car as the angle tilted the gun to point over my thigh and hip.

Damn, I have made two post today and after reading them, I come to believe I am the old guy in the room.

Latest posts

Top Bottom