Amazing the stuff you can learn on the youtubes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
This one reminds me of the now extinct Dayton Tire on South Council.

I was there a lot fixing their cameras and access control. I actually was taken on a tour from the mixing of materials in the Banberry building to the final vulcanizing process of a tire. I can still remember the loud popping sounds of all the different tire rubbers mixing and popping air bubbles.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember last summer, my wife's car needed a new battery. So naturally, I look under the hood first, and the entire engine has a plastic cover on it. So before I started turning wrenches, I looked it up on YouTube.

The dadgum battery was in the backseat floorboard behind the front passenger seat! WTF!!!

But...I still say over the years, this is still my very favorite YouTube video! :rollingla

Cheers!

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So far this week, I have learned how to repair oh craps on heavy machinery.

Repairing a D-9 Dozer idler shaft by adding metal to the shaft holder and line boring it back to hold the bushings. Using brass threaded bolts screwed into the threads to keep from filling the threaded holes is probably an old trick but genius to me.

View attachment 219442

View attachment 219446

View attachment 219447

View attachment 219448

Gouging setting to rapidly remove metal with a flat copper gouging rod.

View attachment 219440

View attachment 219450

View attachment 219451

View attachment 219452

I was going to tell y9ou about cutting edge in Austria but i scrolled soon and see you found them, i have been watching them for quite a while for no real reason at all lmao

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've repaired refrigerators, washing machines, finished gun stocks and a myriad of other things from youtube. It is great, you can learn most anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom