Amazon contact?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amazon replaced an item for us a month ago (a cheap radio/cd player for sweetie). I said to the rep, "So I just send the old one back when the new one arrives?"

She said, "No, you don't have to return the old one." Since it's roughly a $33 plastic item, I wasn't surprised, and when the new one arrived, I got rid of the box & packing materials.

Today I got an email saying they're gonna charge me $42 if I don't send the old one back by April 12th (purchase price + shipping).

I called customer service, AND THEY'RE NOT TAKING CALLS because of the Corona Virus stuff (short-handed maybe? dunno).

Anywho... I don't have the box or a shipping label, no printer on my computer, and no way to contact Amazon.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
:drunk2:

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Just send an inquiry on the website. Same thing happened to me on a $35 item. I threatened to cancel my prime account and they backed off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just send an inquiry on the website. Same thing happened to me on a $35 item. I threatened to cancel my prime account and they backed off.
I'm not sure how to do that. Is there a link I'm missing somewhere?

My old system won't allow me to contact sellers directly (it just gives me an error page). I have to call customer service and have them make contact, then I can reply to seller emails.

Thanks.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check your app. If you have a prompt, drop it off at a Kohl's, if they're open.
I have a desktop, my old flip-phone don't do internet, and I've never seen a Kohl's... :D

I'm disabled (bum ticker), Sweetie is bedfast with Alzheimer's, we're in a rural location, and it's a nightmare just to make it to town occasionally (usually 6-8 weeks, sometimes 3 months) for groceries and supplies.

I'd rather pay the $42.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I needed to return an item to Amazon for the first time recently and the process was very easy.

One of the options was to drop it off at a UPS Store. I just put it in a open box and took it in. They taped up the box, printed the shipping label, and gave me a receipt. The whole process took about five minutes.

Since you don't want to go into town I don't know...they might mail you a shipping label for you to send the item back.

I'm surprised to hear that you were able to reach them on the phone. Amazon like many other places these days seem to try to keep anyone from actually calling them to resolve an issue.

Another option might be to have someone you know and that is willing to help, print the label for you by forwarding the email that has the label info to them, and they can bring you the label.

You don't need the original box or packing materials. Just put it in any box that it will fit in.

Last edited:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never had a problem contacting Amazon by phone until yesterday.

However, the issue is that THEY SAID I DID NOT HAVE TO RETURN THE ITEM!

It would have been simple to rebox the old one and send it back A MONTH AGO. I'm not even sure where the instruction manual & other paperwork is now.

We'll see how it goes.

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mac, if you can get to the Amazon website, and My Account, you should be able to then get to My Orders and get all the info you need, including info on that particular order item. I think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom