Amazon is coming to Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course they pay taxes lol.
And not all the jobs are lower wage. I was perusing the OKC Amazon site that recently opened and they have several management jobs that I fit into that pay $50-$65k. A possibility when I retire from State...and its 2 miles from my new house.
They filled over 500 jobs when it opened last year in a matter of weeks. That's 500 folks who are pumped to have the benefits, they will pay income tax, spend their paycheck in OKC...and be a general contributor to the economy.
Someone tell me again how a small tax incentive to Amazon is going to devalue that at all - mathematically ?

TTF, like a 5 year old lol

Last edited:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of course they pay taxes lol.
And not all the jobs are lower wage. I was perusing the OKC Amazon site that recently opened and they have several management jobs that I fit into that pay $50-$65k. A possibility when I retire from State...and its 2 miles from my new house.
They filled over 500 jobs when it opened last year in a matter of weeks. That's 500 folks who are pumped to have the benefits, they will pay income tax, spend their paycheck in OKC...and be a general contributor to the economy.
Someone tell me again how a small tax incentive to Amazon is going to devalue that at all - mathematically ?

TTF, like a 5 year old lol
Dammit! Trickle down doesn't work!

Triggered.gif

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They pay millions in taxes. There are a few incentives, but there is still a large taxable portion of the business, Fed and State. Don't buy into the "they don't pay any tax" nonsense.

I realize they pay some taxes. City of Duncan gets a, roughly, $200k sales tax check each month from Amazon. Lawton city councilors are real tight lipped on that local figure too. When pressed, the few I've talked to deny any knowledge of it. The state probably has no idea where that cash flows in OK either. Federally, at $5.6B in profits, Amazon not only didn't have to pay their $750M-ish in taxes, they actually received a $137M-ish refund according to the securities and exchange filings. That's not hearsay.

Latest posts

Top Bottom