Amazon scam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heard on Kim Komando show sunday and got called this morning.
A recorded caller claiming to be from amazon wanted to confirm I placed an order for $1032.89.
Press one to confirm. press 2 to speak to somebody.
I hung up and checked amazon and had nothing listed.
They are revving up for Christmas.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A recorded caller claiming to be from amazon wanted to confirm I placed an order for $1032.89.
Thanks for sharing.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had something similar 2 days ago.Someone saying they were from amazon said that someone in Ohio was trying to buy a 700 dollar laptop on my account.Using another phone i called amazon and had them check my account and nothing had been charged.Also the scammer wanted me to type easydesk into the search bar and download the app.I googled on my laptop about the easydesk scam while the scammer was on the phone.Once you download the app, 9 numbers will come up as a confirmation and the scammer will ask for those numbers.They are able to hack your computer if you give them those numbers.I played along with them and said the numbers were eat feces.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

One of the first things I do every morning is check my bank and credit union accounts for anything suspicious. I have found two "NOT MINE" transactions on my Mid First Account in the past month. I was able to file a dispute and quickly get it taken off. Last week, I got a statement from Bank of America , detailing out several transactions using ZELLE transfers and withdrawals. The problem is I don't have an account and never have, with B of A. It was a bit of a hassle, but I was able to get their Fraud Dept to clear me and delete the account.

panayoti

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one last week from Best Buy. I wasn't charged and the transaction was stopped. Laptop computer order
I haven't bought anything from Best Buy in 5 years.

So I tried cancelling my best buy account.................good luck with that.

After 45 minutes with customer service people it was done. So I thought......

evidently someone opened a best buy account with the the same name gmail account as me? how is that possible?

I got an email the next day asking how my purchase went!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. Apparently I bought some iPhones. Checked my accounts just to be sure everything was okay but other than that I don't sweat it. Smartest thing I ever did was going all-out Dave Ramsey. On top of that I make sure there is no money in the 2 checking accounts I'm responsible for around here. Lol ;)

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, they are active and have been for some time. I get these emails stating my Pentagon Credit Union account has been compromised enter you...USAA same thing. Sometimes I get an email that says I bought something and to click on the link for tracking the shipment but so far I never have. The Amazon tip though, I appreciate and will tell the wife to hang up. Thanks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom