Amazon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Imma post the same pic again and see if I can get banned LOL

They have a graduated way to what they call "restrict" accounts. First time, it's like "you made a mistake" but we won't restrict you. The next time it's like 24 hours. Then 3 days. Once or twice at 7 days. Then the 30 day.

My first 7 day ban I protested it and they reversed after 2 days. Not long ago, I got a 30 ban for posting where one could buy 9mm ammo. They said I was promoting violence. I protested it, they reversed it and actually apologized for getting it wrong.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are different types of censorship. The reason for different types of censorship is because there are different REASONS or OBJECTIVES for censoring.

Let me rephrase that:

"There are different types of infringement. Thee reason for different types of infringement is because there are different REASONS or OBJECTIVES for infringing."

See how that sounds when applied to the 2A? Infringement is infringement. Same thing is true with speech. Censorship is censorship.

I won't address your personal snark --- I don't want to get pulled down to your level and beat with experience.

Lol, go easy on the lad
Bless his heart after all.
Awwww, thanks sweetie. This has been a week of a lot of progress on the board. Me and hoddy agreed on something, and now you're softer side is coming out to show you care. :thumbup3:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You do understand how the AI/Algorithms they are using work right? Once a picture is identified it'll be hashed and then FB can scan for that data signature on anyone posting it.
Did I say anything about them not seeing it again? No, I didnt. Yes I understand, likely moreso, about algorithms.
I was saying I'm going to test gettinng a ban.
Reading comprehension is parramount. I did type this slow for you.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did I say anything about them not seeing it again? No, I didnt. Yes I understand, likely moreso, about algorithms.
I was saying I'm going to test gettinng a ban.
Reading comprehension is parramount. I did type this slow for you.
Didn't type it slow enough to get the point, that "yes --- it'll get picked up and you'll get whatever their next punishment level is." When there's algorithmic processing of the images on the platform, it's not very likely it's going to sneak by. I mean, sure you can test it if that's your thing, but there's not really a point. Especially since you're such a top tier expert in algorithms you probably already knew that.

Sheesh, we were making such progress and then you got so quick to respond and drop your "likely moreso" that you missed the point again.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But twitter has and does go on big isis/isil bans, etc. https://fortune.com/2018/04/05/twitter-terrorist-account-suspensions/

Some of it is our optics are a bit skewed, we ALL (left, right, center, male, female, old, young...) suffer from confirmation bias, anchor bias, truthiness, straw man arguments, ad hominen and multiple other biases and logical fallacies. I try to confront mine, and know I fail at times. I don't expect anyone to agree with my opinions. I change them often based on new information. It's a big reason why I ask for examples all the time. It is so I can try to evaluate them independently and attempt to evaluate my own biases and logical fallacies.

Again, twitter went on a large ban of the left in 2018 during the occupy wall street protests, as I've posted more than once. No one I've followed has ever been banned. So the rest, I have to go research.

It would be nice if people could at least agree on the truth, there is only one, and disagree on our opinions. But, that seems to be more impossible with each passing day.

Did I miss something two years ago? I thought the Occupy Wall Street movement was back in 2011.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't type it slow enough to get the point, that "yes --- it'll get picked up and you'll get whatever their next punishment level is." When there's algorithmic processing of the images on the platform, it's not very likely it's going to sneak by. I mean, sure you can test it if that's your thing, but there's not really a point. Especially since you're such a top tier expert in algorithms you probably already knew that.

Sheesh, we were making such progress and then you got so quick to respond and drop your "likely moreso" that you missed the point again.
We werent making any progress. You dont understand sarcasm nor can you comprehend reading.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We werent making any progress. You dont understand sarcasm nor can you comprehend reading.
You obviously understand sarcasm much better than I do. "Likely moreso" than anyone here. I bow down to your intellectual prowess. I can't imagine how I could have thought otherwise when I was typing about our progress. You sure read me and my statement better than I ever could have thought.

Latest posts

Top Bottom