Amazon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Better be careful sugar --- mods are watching for people dropping insults like that. And it always kind of brings shame upon the person when you have to results to such responses.

Intent doesn't matter. It just plain doesn't. If I'm at the range, think my gun is clear and have an accidental discharge that kills someone, does my intent matter? No. This board is full of people that claim that there is no excuse for intent on infringement of the 2A and the same is true on speech. It's censored or it's not. Whether there is intent driving the censorship is not the question. That's a separate exercise in asking "are we okay with this censorship".

Intent does matter in your scenario. There is the difference between murder and manslaughter. As far as the Second Amendment goes, there is no leeway in the context of "shall not be infringed."

If I accidentally kill someone, the worse I could be convicted of is manslaughter if at all. I should not be prohibited from keeping and bearing arms. If I murder someone, I still do not lose the right and should not be prohibited from exercising the right. If I am such a risk to society, if I'm not executed, I should never be released upon society until it can be proven in a court of law that I am no longer a danger.

Woody

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People aren't really upset about censorship, they're just pissed they aren't the ones with the ability to engage in it.

That’s a fair statement in that some probably wish they could censor opposing thought.

There are a few layers to this thread ... Are conservatives being censored for the political convenience of liberals? Should there be any censorship based on political ideology?

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While you're quickly on the road to becoming one of my new favorite play toys you're getting repetitive to the point where you're just boring today. You're so convinced of yourself you're not trying to comprehend anything, but seem to be looking for the best way to toss a snarky image or quip out.

You're relatively new here according to your join date, so let me break something down for you --- there are members here much more outstanding at being snarky and quippy, just as there are other members here that are more outstanding at having an actual conversation with. You're middle of the road at best right now. Step it up!

You take care puddin.

Gaslight much?

Woody

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Intent does matter in your scenario. There is the difference between murder and manslaughter. As far as the Second Amendment goes, there is no leeway in the context of "shall not be infringed."

If I accidentally kill someone, the worse I could be convicted of is manslaughter if at all. I should not be prohibited from keeping and bearing arms. If I murder someone, I still do not lose the right and should not be prohibited from exercising the right. If I am such a risk to society, if I'm not executed, I should never be released upon society until it can be proven in a court of law that I am no longer a danger.

Woody
As I noted somewhere back in the thread, intent comes in as a second question. In the killing someone example, it's a second question, not a first. First question might be "is killing other people bad". That's a yes/no kind of affair. Then you get to the secondary question of intent. "Is it to win a war against bad guys", "Was it accidental", "Was it on purpose". Generally it's accepted in American society that killing people is bad. However, we as a society have gone to the second question of intent to determine what that means. If it was a just war, then it's bad, but necessary. If it was an accident then maybe manslaughter at worst as your say, and if on purpose then 20-life.

And no, that's not gaslighting ... that's an honest assessment. I really don't think chuckles is trying to comprehend anything. And I really do think there are many members that are much more outstanding at being snarky and quippy. And I really think that he's middle of the road at best. You for instance generally seem take the time to read opposing views, post good support for your arguments etc. While we disagree on many things, I can respect your position. Chuckles on the other hand, just seems to ignore the parts he doesn't like and then try to insult my intelligence to make up for it.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of measuring sticks. Can you boys just measure your dicks and post up to settle this once and for all? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

All I am willing to say is that I always left them smiling, satisfied, and devoted. But I'll confess to that line in a country song that goes something like this: "I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was."

Woody

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm betting if you speak this way in person you get into a lot of fights.

I had responded and took it down because it was just too caustic and I don't think you deserve that for your question.

If someone wants to quote what I say in order to hijack the post to make it about himself or some non sequitur nonsense ... yeah ... depending on my mood, I probably will return fire.

And no, I don’t get into fights. The last fight I was in fight was in ninth grade when some kid tossed his Jell-O cup at me. I typically go to places where most completed junior high on the first lap and they know better than to pick fights.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
All I am willing to say is that I always left them smiling, satisfied, and devoted. But I'll confess to that line in a country song that goes something like this: "I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was."

Woody

None of you boys have posted dick pics yet? The day is young.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
None of you boys have posted dick pics yet? The day is young.

IMG_1420.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom