America 101 for Foreigners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I started to delete your post as offensive but hey, I'm feeling kind of loose you know? Actually, I'd have to go in and delete the subsequent posts that copied your blanket statement so, I didn't. It looks like several others have let loose on you for saying such a thing anyway. Be cool with the assumptions please; and it would be even more cool if you'd just retract the statement or apologize, or something.

I'll leave that up to you...for now.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gamers are the biggest loosers on the face of the earth. They contribute very little to society.

Yeah... I'm a gamer, too. Glad to know your assessment of me and how I spend my free time, lol. I feel really bad now, since I contribute very little to society.

It could be worse, I suppose, I could contribute absolutely nothing, instead of just very little. lol

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Far Cry? I see what you did there. [emoji4] (or, maybe you didn't, but it fits)

LOL I completely missed that reference. Its actually one of the few main stream games I've never played. When it came out my life was in a huge flux and couldn't afford any games, so I stuck with CS:S, CoD and Doom.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is very little that is redeemable when it comes playing video games. Really, nothing

I played them for years and finally bought a house and grew up.

There is nothing redeemable from watching football. There is nothing redeemable from upgrading a 305 to a 350 big block. There is very little redeemable to enjoying a nice good beer after a long week. Well, except for the fact that we enjoy it. I'm sorry you feel all that spent playing video games did nothing for you, because it wasn't meant to! It is there for entertainment, not to learn life skills. Although by gaming I did learn a lot of things: how to balance talking to kids vs talking to adults and get them both on the same page, and that when I got older FPS's were just not for me anymore.

Some people read for enjoyment, others work on their project cars , some garden, others go to the range and shoot paper people, others play video games and even some do all the above. Yes, there are 20+ adults still living with their parents, not working, not contributing to the household much less society and all they do is play video games. Lord knows I've seen plenty of them in my job. However I've seen way more gamers that work good steady jobs, pay their rent, pay their bills, and yet when it comes time to relax they will spend 3-4 hours playing the latest MMORPG. Just because you no longer enjoy playing video games doesn't make the rest of those that do "the biggest losers on the face of the earth".

Latest posts

Top Bottom