America 101 for Foreigners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is nothing redeemable from watching football. There is nothing redeemable from upgrading a 305 to a 350 big block. There is very little redeemable to enjoying a nice good beer after a long week. Well, except for the fact that we enjoy it. I'm sorry you feel all that spent playing video games did nothing for you, because it wasn't meant to! It is there for entertainment, not to learn life skills. Although by gaming I did learn a lot of things: how to balance talking to kids vs talking to adults and get them both on the same page, and that when I got older FPS's were just not for me anymore.

Some people read for enjoyment, others work on their project cars , some garden, others go to the range and shoot paper people, others play video games and even some do all the above. Yes, there are 20+ adults still living with their parents, not working, not contributing to the household much less society and all they do is play video games. Lord knows I've seen plenty of them in my job. However I've seen way more gamers that work good steady jobs, pay their rent, pay their bills, and yet when it comes time to relax they will spend 3-4 hours playing the latest MMORPG. Just because you no longer enjoy playing video games doesn't make the rest of those that do "the biggest losers on the face of the earth".

Actually:
I partially agree that watching football is irredeemable, I couldn't careless about sports. Some people like the social aspect of it and the game can be exciting. Competition among people can be interesting.

305 to a 350 is redeemable in HP

Drinking beer tastes good, it's real. Video games are not

Project cars are real, video games are not.

Gardening improves the value of your house

Again, there is nothing redeemable about playing video games.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually:
I partially agree that watching football is irredeemable, I couldn't careless about sports. Some people like the social aspect of it and the game can be exciting. Competition among people can be interesting.

And I'm done. Obviously you are jaded for some reason against gamers. Won't even try to speculate as to why, that'll just get me in trouble. Go ahead and judge everyone who plays video games as losers. Just don't get ticked when you get judged yourself.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually:

Oh, look, somebody else who thinks his opinion on things is the only correct one. Just lovely.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did, the huffpoo has zero credibility. The fact will always remain the same that video games are a waste of time.

What about simple relaxation? So can a by-product of the game, if not the game proper, be of value especially if one allows that a player plays only in moderation and not to the neglect of more important things?

Latest posts

Top Bottom