America 101 for Foreigners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nah. I have no problem with saying "I don't care for x" instead of "x is irredeemable." The former is a statement of personal taste; the latter is a statement of absolute value, applied to all.
But, but, everything you say is right, and you feel free about insulting others because their opinions of something differs with yours?
Seriously?

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
“350 big block”. Lol.
Yeah, ya caught me, dunno why I said 350. The other day I looked up the smallest big block (never bothered to look) and found out in the late 50's/early 60's they had a 348 big block in the W series. I always thought the smallest was the 400. Guess that discussion got stuck in the ole frontal lobe.

*edit* Actually, I think I was going for a 350 4 bolt. I dunno, I was just trying to prove a point that had nothing to do with motor size. Kudos to you for picking out my error and laughing about it, completely validates you agreeing with lee right?

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But, but, everything you say is right, and you feel free about insulting others because their opinions of something differs with yours?
Seriously?
I didn't say "everything I say is right;" in fact, I just disclaimed that. I did mock somebody who did take that position, and then (repeatedly) doubled down on it.

I very much enjoy when people bring well-reasoned (read that part two or three times) challenges to my opinions. That's when I learn the most!

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, ya caught me, dunno why I said 350. The other day I looked up the smallest big block (never bothered to look) and found out in the late 50's/early 60's they had a 348 big block in the W series. I always thought the smallest was the 400. Guess that discussion got stuck in the ole frontal lobe.

*edit* Actually, I think I was going for a 350 4 bolt. I dunno, I was just trying to prove a point that had nothing to do with motor size. Kudos to you for picking out my error and laughing about it, completely validates you agreeing with lee right?
Close readers of the thread understand that you were actually quoting Lee when you said 350. That's what put it in your head. I don't think anyone really blames you.​

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't say "everything I say is right;" in fact, I just disclaimed that. I did mock somebody who did take that position, and then (repeatedly) doubled down on it.

I very much enjoy when people bring well-reasoned (read that part two or three times) challenges to my opinions. That's when I learn the most!
You don't double down on your opinions? You really think you don't?
If you don't, your wrong, yet you judge others that do? You really need to look within yourself in further discussions and discuss it rather than mock differing opinions without knowing the full extent of their opinion. It's becoming a disturbing pattern with you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom