America 101 for Foreigners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

This is exactly what I was coming here to say, but you beat me to it. There are a lot of "gamers" who have saved the lives of troops on the ground in hostile lands with their gamer skills being put to use as drone pilots.

Still waiting for someone to make the case that video games are redeemable

Here's your lifeline Lee.

https://gcn.com/blogs/emerging-tech/2013/04/do-video-gamers-make-good-drone-pilots.aspx

It's up to you whether you use it, but either way I'd suggest you either stop digging or stop trolling. Just sayin... :coffee2:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
4.bp.blogspot.com__65O4KCy1RRM_UV1cfQZdGII_AAAAAAAAAHM_QsJ0z7IKUF4_s640_5881861191_90de8b5bc9.jpg

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you prefer to play video games to building a 1911? Sure. It’s all about values and personal preferences.

But again, the main point here is not dismissing an entire group of people as being losers, simply because you have a different set of values and consider that set to be superior. No one with an open mind and an appreciation for the diversity of people will agree with the “all gamers are losers” mindset.

But which has more value? Spending 80 hours building a 1911 or 80 hours playing video games. After the 80 hours, which would be the most rewarding?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But which has more value? Spending 80 hours building a 1911 or 80 hours playing video games. After the 80 hours, which would be the most rewarding?

That depends on the person. Some will find more value in one pursuit over the other. Again, the point that a number of us were making is that for someone to put down a whole group of people simply because he or she finds “no redeemable value” in the pursuit being undertaken by that group - is just wrong.

What if I had said, “1911 gunsmiths are the biggest losers on the face of the earth.” Wouldn’t you think I was being mentally myopic?

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That depends on the person. Some will find more value in one pursuit over the other. Again, the point that a number of us were making is that for someone to put down a whole group of people simply because he or she finds “no redeemable value” in the pursuit being undertaken by that group - is just wrong.

What if I had said, “1911 gunsmiths are the biggest losers on the face of the earth.” Wouldn’t you think I was being mentally myopic?

I shouldn't have said all gamers are losers, many are though. The gamers who are losers need to grow up and get a life.

If you said 1911 gunsmiths are losers you'd be sacrificing your credibility.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad you’re now qualifying your original comments. I will agree that some gamers could do a better job of being more productive.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There could possibly even be some people who build 1911s and play games. I'm not saying there are..just throwing it out there as a possibility. It could happen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom