American Guns: A History of U.S.Firearms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I was surfing Amazon Prime Video the other day and ran across this series. Decided to see what kind of tripe it was, I was expecting it to be some type of Michael Moore "documentary" BS. I was delighted to find it's nothing of the sort. It's appears to be actual history for a change, the kind of history that isn't taught in our schools anymore because our actual history doesn't fit the modern narrative.

This is about the role of firearms manufacture (and use) in the U.S. from the first European landings and the role they played in the making of our country. They correctly state (in my opinion) that the industrial revolution was actually the making of guns and most of the methods and machinery development that we know today was developed out of the need to build guns. It is really quite interesting. I've only seen the first three episodes so it may crap the bed yet. :selfangel

It's pretty good so far. Appears to align quite nicely (so far) with the book "American Rifle" by Alexander Rose but starts earlier than this book and isn't a book converted to video. So far it also lines up nicely with all that I learned about machinery and machining after school from reading trade magazines in machine shops over the years. Watch it, you'll probably like it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom