American made for Christmas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigdawg90

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Outside of basic groceries, my wife and I do our absolute best to buy American or American ally made products. I had a conversation with my father in law and a friend the other day and was blown away that they thought American made goods were too expensive. That's simply not true. There are a ton of amazing companies that source and sew in America. You can't find many electronic goods 100% made in America, but clothing, toys, and tactical/hunting gear is easy to find.

I buy my wife 100% made in America clothing with few exceptions for American ally goods. Here's a brand list for your wife. There's a few brands that actually make men's gear too. My wife is a horrible gift giver so I buy stuff for myself. lol. If you know of any other companies, post them up here. There is zero reason to buy anything other than American or American ally made. Chinese goods are crappy and now hyper inflated in price.

American Giant - Women's clothing. Their t-shirts have stood up to 5 years of everyday wear from my wife. Their hoodies are amazing and I have one that's lasted a decade through my workouts and it looks brand new. Their stuff is stylish and fits really well on athletic/country girls.

Mate the label - Women's clothing. Their sleep wear and lounge wear is some of my wife's favorites.

Avocado - Women's clothing. They have labels on their site for American made or not.

Aran - Irish company that makes some of the most comfortable wool clothing ever. Insanely warm and cool for those days that get hot and cold.

Forloh - Women's and men's clothing. Some of their stuff is outlandishly expensive, but their women's leggings, shirts, and swim wear are both comfortable and look great on athletic/country women.

Rambler's Way - Women's and men's clothing. Their stuff is really well priced and their sales put their American grown and sown goods cheaper than wal-mart.

It bugs me when people complain about the state of the country, then hop on Instagram, and head to Wal-mart to drop insane amount of money on Christmas. These are just some of the companies I've found that are super high quality and great for gifts. Full-disclosure a couple companies are super liberal and hippy, but I'd rather an American liberal have my money over some guy in another country. American Giant is a great example. Super liberal but they pay their people amazing salaries and maintain 100% grown and sewn in USA and cheap for their quality.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not American but Varusteleka's Sarma line of wool goods are top notch and made in either Finland or Latvia. Wool base layers are THE BEST, flame resistant and much easier on whoever you are sharing a tend with as wool does not stink like polypro. Also their wool flannels and field shirts excellent and are.reasonably priced compared to other makers, I'm wearing one currently.

https://www.varusteleka.com/en/category/sarma/2257

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Danner boots, best boots I have ever owned. Made and Portland OR, they are spendy, but I have had my Arcade as for almost decade of duty use, and will be sending them back to be re-crafted. I probably would have spend 3 times their price on lesser boots in that time frame.

Generally anything that they have as "recraftable" is made in the USA, beware as they do make some of their product line in China

https://www.danner.com/

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pendleton Blankets

Pendleton wool blankets are made in the USA and are legendary. (Some of their other items are.made overseas and their wool clothing is assembled in mexico/south America from US wool.) These blanket are great and literally last for generations, I have one my grandmother they purchased in the 1960s as well as a newer one and there does not seem to a decline in quality.

https://www.pendleton-usa.com/blankets-bedding/blankets-by-fabric/wool-blankets/

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
American Giant - Women's clothing. Their t-shirts have stood up to 5 years of everyday wear from my wife. Their hoodies are amazing and I have one that's lasted a decade through my workouts and it looks brand new. Their stuff is stylish and fits really well on athletic/country girls.
I'm going to have issue demerit points to the marketing department of a women's clothing brand called American Giant.

But thanks for the info.

mmerrill

It makes sense if you don't think about it.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like this thread. What do y’all think about starting a new thread similar to the “Anybody get anything cool that is gun related today?” and hopefully keeping it alive? Call it “Get anything Made in USA Today?” I too try to buy made in USA when I buy. Yes you might pay a few bucks more but there is a sense of pride for me at least. Plus we might open some eyes to products that people didn’t know existed and spur people to make some purchases. If somebody asks me what I want for Christmas or my birthday my standing answer is anything Made in USA.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was young, I remember being in a store with my oldest brother while he was shopping for clothes, he rooted through the rack for the "Made in the USA" flanel shirts.

When I got older I did the same, now a days I get so disgusted with what is being peddeled to the people.

They want to sell you "Made in China" at "Made in USA" prices! :puke:

Here is pic of a label from some t-shirts I would like to get.

840F416E-B661-4EBA-A154-7DFFD16119BD.jpeg

Could have sworn that pre covid, they sold direct from their website.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a conversation with my father in law and a friend the other day and was blown away that they thought American made goods were too expensive. That's simply not true.

Rambler's Way - Women's and men's clothing. Their stuff is really well priced and their sales put their American grown and sown goods cheaper than wal-mart.
You and I have VASTLY different opinions of prices not being that bad. 90 bucks for a henley (wool or not) is definitely not my idea of good prices. I prefer to support American made products and companies, but I also prefer to support myself and I can't do that paying 90 bucks a pop for a shirt.

BTW, just to be clear, I'm not dogging the idea behind this thread. I agree with it. I just can't afford to dress my wife or myself at any of the places OP listed. 😁

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221116_223035.jpg
    Screenshot_20221116_223035.jpg
    448.3 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom