American Sniper movie.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought this might interest some.

Eastwood said.He’s also beginning work on his next film, “American Sniper,” starring Bradley Cooper.

“It’s the story of Chris Kyle, who was a Navy SEAL with four tours in Iraq and Afghanistan,” Eastwood said. “He had 160 confirmed kills as a sniper, and probably another 100 that he probably got.”

But after Kyle retired from the military in 2009 and returned to private life, he offered help to another returning veteran who was having trouble readjusting — and the man shot and killed Kyle at a firing range.

“It’s a wild, tragic story,” Eastwood said.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obviously we want a true story, but I don't want to pay $15 to watch a movie were it ends tragically. Sorry but I want to leave happier than I came in or just not watch it.

Lone Survivor was sad enough after the tribute at the end.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Obviously we want a true story, but I don't want to pay $15 to watch a movie were it ends tragically. Sorry but I want to leave happier than I came in or just not watch it.

Lone Survivor was sad enough after the tribute at the end.

Sometimes real life doesn't always have a happy ending.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The book was awesome, hope the movie is true to the book and the Hero.

Lone Survivor was close to the book.

Regardless of what your Mommy told you, life isn't fair and does not always have a happy ending.

Except at the corner massage parlor, happy ending is $20 extra. :offtopic2:

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It must just be me, nothing against Chris Kyle god rest his soul, but the first thing that came to my mind when I read the title was cool they're gonna make another Vietnam war movie this time about Carlos Hathcock.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It must just be me, nothing against Chris Kyle god rest his soul, but the first thing that came to my mind when I read the title was cool they're gonna make another Vietnam war movie this time about Carlos Hathcock.

THAT would be a good movie, too.

"American Sniper" is the title of the Chris Kyle book, though. As far as the ending, the book was written and published long before the tragic accident and Kyle's death. So I would suspect the movie would end and then probably have a footnote a the end to denote the final tragedy. But, that is just MHO.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why the heck did he shoot him? Man, that's crazy

Asked and answered. You'd have be crazy to truly understand his motives. That may be why so many shrinks become insane in some way.

<edit: About sad movies. My wife and I had a running argument about my resistance to seeing "Sophie's Choice." I still haven't seen it. I go to be entertained, not to have my consciousness expanded. I don't doubt that it's a great flick, but it isn't a happy one. Give me Disney.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I wish they would. Then the Marine Corps could bask in the public admiration for what they did to him at the end of his career. Bluntly, they screwed him.

About confirmed kills vs total kills, Hathcock killed literally hundreds that were unconfirmed. I suspect most snipers aren't much different, but can't confirm this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom